Decent drivers front fender wanted, whats one worth?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

aj64f100390-292
United States of America

Decent drivers front fender wanted, whats one worth?

Post by aj64f100390-292 »

Hey guys, I'm needing a decent drivers front fender as mine is pretty mutilated from a side swipe. How much is one worth? Anyone have one near or in the south west missouri area? Thanks in advanced.
1964 f100 lwb 292 ECG Heads,4v, 4spd, '76 9" 3.25, orig. :292 3spdO/D, 3.92 spicer locker
19mpg hwy, .040/298ci, arnd 8.7:1, ECG heads, stainless valves, ceramic coated ramshorn manifolds, B code int., eddy 4bbl, Durasprk II/C5ZF dizzy, C2AE rods,high ratio rockers, NOS two groove h.balancer, unkwn cam-for now :twisted: soon:pwr asst steering
was FE/FT, mount:390, C6R heads, C4ae int, w/ 361/391 FT Bellhous.,timing cover, & w. pump.
-Back on the road since jan '17
64 f100

Re: Decent drivers front fender wanted, whats one worth?

Post by 64 f100 »

What is one worth? I would say an approximate price would e around 100 to 150 for a good used one, but that doesn't mean much it's just an opinion. You are not to far from Oklahoma City where you can buy a new one for roughly 300$, plus gas and the penalty for going into Oklahoma and then having to escape from their toll road. Unless you want to drive the back roads all the way. The Chinese got a lot of our fenders when they were paying so much for scrap metal. As to what you would consider good or I would consider good, may be two different things. Again a matter of opinion. You fender may repairable to me depending on damage, but the time to repair it may be more than buying another one. If, you have ot remove the fender your buying, then again time comes into play. If, you've never taken a fender off one of these trucks, and this is your first time doing so, you may gain a lot of respect for those selling these parts. There are bolts and cage nuts where there should not be rusted cage nuts and those nuts now spin in their cage. Be prepared to be inventive and resourceful, along turning the air blue and talking in tongues. Children and wives will desert you and make themselves scarce in short order. All I can say, be sure you cannot repair the fender on the truck as is. If, you've already had it off at one time, hopefully you used that antsieze that would paint your hole truck with one brush full of the stuff. I have been known to walk off and come back later, much later. Here in southern Illinois metal seems to grow together and become one rounded off piece of something that has no resemblance of a nut and bolt. Sometimes a Dremel tool is a good thing to have with those little cut off blades. Cut an X in the head of the bolt clear to where the thread starts and then take a chisel to it. I might have a good fender but I am not close to you.