Florence

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shipwrecked
United States of America

Florence

Post by shipwrecked »

Hurricane Florence.

Nobody ever likes it when Flo comes to town.

Anyone in North Carolina, and South Carolina make sure you get to safe ground.

I’m required to report to duty three days early and stay thru the whole thing. I’m not happy about the situation with my dogs of course. Either I will have my boss watch them or I am taking them to base with me and they will stay in the barracks with me even though it’s “against the rules”. Can’t find it written anywhere saying they can’t come with me and if they want me there 5 days for one days work, they coming!

Peace out all... I most likely will be in from Wed thru Monday.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Florence

Post by slick4x4 »

Hoping storm doesn't do damage to the people on the east
We've had enough storms this year !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Thanks April

Had monsoon rains this morning but everything's cool for now. I's supposed to take a turn, but as quick as it was forecasted that is was making THAT turn, it could very possibly make another turn back into our direction between now and Friday. Schools and many businesses are letting out early Thursday, and closed Friday.

Spent yesterday evening getting both of my trucks (the 64, and the 56) to a safer location. Got my generator fired up this morning, water, food, gas, batteries, SO whatever the Lord sends this way, we'll have to make the best of.

Praying for the folks in S.C. as well, that they won't take this storm lightly. Even if we get the worst of the worst, it's surely much better than we DESERVE......
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Pat weather was nice in Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, great day for loading slick, then on to KC And nice weather in KC loading another slick, then came home to this nice weather if your a duck,, seen as far as 250 miles gas stations with no gas since we went food shopping there as well in Canton in the mountains that far away and was still a mad house in the store
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Watching the news yesterday
They predicted up to 30" inches of rain in places
Can't imagine what 2 and a half feet of rain would do here !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

They allowed us at the base to depart till further notice. I live 15 minutes from work (5 miles) and have duty Saturday.
Briefly talked to the CO of base yesterday and told her I was on duty Saturday, her response was “I feel safer already” and she meant it. Not that some of the people who stand the duty are bad, but I do handleshit when it comes down. It is scheduled to be my last duty day anyway. After that I go off the rotation.

All y’all down south hope it fizzles out. Stay dry and catch up soon.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

when coming through Nashville yesterday morning going across I-40 we past at least 20 ambulance's heading to NC from west TN,, Power Trucks from, MO, IL, TX and some where as many as 10 in each group of trucks,, ones from MO they also had small trailers behind them and just not the Big Power Trucks, they also had small pickups I guess for the supervisors, also showed on TV ones from Calif. and Ohio all ready here,, imagine more but could not see all that where on I-40.. Give a salute to the power companies coming from all other states :clap:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
longcabjohn
United States of America

Post by longcabjohn »

Several Towns around middle TN also sent their swift water rescue teams

Johnny
If restoring a ford was easy, chevy guys could do it.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

N.C. coastal towns got lots of flooding, 50-75 miles inland are more spread out but much the same. We're about 140 miles inland, only 1 good size pine tree down, missed my Jeep,and 64 by 8 feet.

I've nothing to complain about......

Waiting for authorities to give the ok for Samaritan Purse to set up in Wilmington, and will make a few trip there and back to help those who weren't as fortunate as we were. Very rewarding work.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Got the call of approval Wednesday. Samaritan's Purse (a Christian based disaster relief team, headed up bu Billy Graham's son Franklin Graham) called to let us know, that the local authorities are letting them begin work in the flooded communities hit by Hurricane Florence.

We leave today after church heading to their headquarters in Jacksonville N.C. From their they will send crews out in many directions to homes where the water has receded enough that we can start work cutting downed trees, removal of contents in the homes, and demolition of removing water soaked & molded sheet rock, insulation, carpet, and whatever else stands in the way of getting these people back into their homes.

Mostly as a team of encouragement to those who thought the love of God, and caring people have passed them by. It's still going to be a LONG process to reach that goal. Weeks, months, and years for some. Although N.C. doesn't have hard winters, the winter months are on the way, and it's always a declining factor to see the amount of volunteers because lot's of people don't want to work in the cold.

We're going to try and stay all week, then return home so I can get some orders shipped out, then make the trek back again to join what is the most rewarding thing we've ever tackled.
My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Post by My wife's nightmare »

We did some volunteer work in WV after their floods a few years ago. That was my first experince seeing what happens as far as clean-up after a house has been flooded. Quite a shock to me, but those people were just happy to have help and someone to sit and listen to their story.
God bless you and your work at the coast. It is a very rewarding thing and awesomely humbling at the same time.