1967 Brake Line Distribution Block

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

chris401
United States of America

1967 Brake Line Distribution Block

Post by chris401 »

I am putting 67 manual drum pre-bent brake lines from Inline Tube on my 65 F-250. I do not have a 67 in front of me but I am thinking all the block is for is the brake warning switch. For my brake light switch, is it as simple a screwing in my switch to the block and stringing the wires?
Thanks
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Re: 1967 Brake Line Distribution Block

Post by chris401 »

chris401 wrote:I am putting 67 manual drum pre-bent brake lines from Inline Tube on my 65 F-250. I do not have a 67 in front of me but I am thinking all the block is for is the brake warning switch. For my brake light switch, is it as simple a screwing in my switch to the block and stringing the wires?
Thanks
No it is not. The switch sets in a groove in a valve inside the block. Basicly it follows the path of least resistance when there is brake pressure loss. There is a lot to forget on the older vehicles when you do not use it everyday.
Chris
JeffinMooresville
United States of America

Post by JeffinMooresville »

Hi chris, am clearly not an expert on the subject. My 63 had a brake distribution from a newer truck. I think a 73. It looks like this.

My understanding of the sensor on this is for a dummy light, in case there is a leak in the system and loss of pressure. It was not connected in my truck, i had some jerry rigged pushbutton under the dash that was actuated by brake pedal for brake lights. It would be nice if this would function as brake light actuator, as i have assumed i am going to have to reinstall a physical swith in brake pedal.

From what i have seen, the original master cylinder DID have an inline sensor that acted as break light switch. I am doing wiring now and the factory brake light circuit is thru firewall in engine compartment.
Jeff in Mooresville
63 Flareside and 65 Styleside projects underway
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

JeffinMooresville wrote:Hi chris, am clearly not an expert on the subject. My 63 had a brake distribution from a newer truck. I think a 73. It looks like this.

My understanding of the sensor on this is for a dummy light, in case there is a leak in the system and loss of pressure. It was not connected in my truck, i had some jerry rigged pushbutton under the dash that was actuated by brake pedal for brake lights. It would be nice if this would function as brake light actuator, as i have assumed i am going to have to reinstall a physical swith in brake pedal.

From what i have seen, the original master cylinder DID have an inline sensor that acted as break light switch. I am doing wiring now and the factory brake light circuit is thru firewall in engine compartment.
Jeff, that looks like the D0ZX-XX part. That was the one that I robbed off of the 73 disc swap I did on my 65 F-100. I think I will dissect a dual pot core I have here to see if my new master cylinder will take a drill and tap to install the factory brake light switch in the 65 factory position.
Chris