Sad Thanksgiving at our house

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Lowell
United States of America

Sad Thanksgiving at our house

Post by Lowell »

I have mentioned our dog Molly before, she came to my moms house in july of 2012. Mom took her in and kept her until she went to the nursing home , so we took her in. That was 2013. She was a great dog and smart. She always put a smile on peoples faces.she had been a little sick lately but had gotten better. about 5 days ago she started acting strange and kept getting weaker. this morning she could barely stand so we took her to the vet . xrays showed a large tumer in her abdomen and the vet didnt give us any hope that surgery would help so we had to put her to sleep.So my wife and i are sitting in our lonely house tonight and ive got this awful lump in my throat.
grump

Re: Sad Thanksgiving at our house

Post by grump »

Loosing a canine friend like that can put a damper on a holiday. Know what you're going thru, doesn't make it any better.
HydroDog

Post by HydroDog »

So sorry for your loss :(
You and your wife did a great thing by keeping Molly in the family.

John
1965 F100
1988 F600
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

I’m sorry she went down the bridge. I know it’s tough.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

I haven't had a pet in years due to the same reason. I get too attached to them. And I honestly can't say "I know how you feel" because with animals just like with humans, every relationship is different. BUT, I have felt sadness and the LUMP in the throat many times with both.

The best cure for the lump in the throat is to let the tears fly.......REAL men DO CRY. Some may even say it's dumb to cry over an animal, but it's not so much that it's an animal, as it is that is was an animal that could dish out more love than it every received......Praying for you.
Blackwaterforge

Post by Blackwaterforge »

Very sorry to hear
If it cain't be fixed with a sledge hammer it must be an electrical problem!
pikupmn
United States of America

Post by pikupmn »

REALLY sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my 2 best friends this year, about 2 months apart. Had them put to sleep here at the house and I cried like a baby.I read somewhere....to have lived and not known the love of a dog is to not have lived at all. I still get a BIG lump in my throat, even now, when I talk about Jack and Sammy. Some of the Slicksters got to meet them in Salina. I sure do miss my boys, and I truly feel your pain. Jeff
it's never too late to have a happy childhood

1966 Long Box 5/8 ton wha.gif
2012 F150 XLT Super Crew 3.5 TWIN TURBO ......yee haw
2000 Road King
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Thanks ,everyone, its hard to go about your daily activities, because she was a constant companion . I guess its going to take time.