Upcoming News out of Arclight Fab

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

The Big M
Canada

Upcoming News out of Arclight Fab

Post by The Big M »

At long last, it appears new parts for 61-64 Slicks will be available from Arclight Fab soon, including a bolt-in suspension kit that yields 6" drop in the front and 7" in the rear (without cutting a hole in the bed floor), uni bed mounts, a 302 engine swap kit, and a new 3" tube axle. Details are still a bit sketchy and nothing is listed on their site yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they came up with!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsmRp10llEO ... _copy_link
shipwrecked
United States of America

Re: Upcoming News out of Arclight Fab

Post by shipwrecked »

Wow. Suspension kit 3500! The rear shocks 400! Too rich for me.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Me too, unfortunately. That’s $4600 for me after exchange rate, plus I’d have to ship cores all the way to Texas to get the dropped axle. Which in all honesty I’d probably get from Nostalgia Sid’s. The rear kit pieces do look nice though.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

my truck is stock height. I think it looks cool that way, but I do eye the sids drop axles once and a while with "what if". I just cant see doing it right now.
I need tires and light the fires.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Zax63
United States of America

Post by Zax63 »

Until there are some people installing the kit and reviewing it I don't see myself spending that much. I'm very curious if their steering geometry fix actually makes the truck enjoyable to drive with no power steering and a dropped axle.
'63 F100 Wrongbed
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

Seems like Two hundred dollars for the unibody bed mount kit is a bit steep, unless you have deep pockets and no fab skills. For one thing The wooden blocks are square cut which means they either do not fit as originally made, or they are thinner so they do not give the rail they go into any real support. The rest can be bought through other vendors for a whole lot less.
As much as I like Aaron and admire his skills, it seems he picked up some of his former employers worse habits of thinking everyone out there is stupid or a chump.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

I get the impression that the kit is intended as a turn-key, mostly bolt-in solution, which would definitely appeal to those with limited experience. They were apparently able to do the full install of the suspension kit and 302/T5 combo in a '64 at the Dallas Autorama over a weekend, so I'm sure that will be a good selling point. Judging by some of the questions and comments I've seen on social media there does seem to be a demand for something that takes the guesswork out, which this seems to do. It's not really groundbreaking tech, more like a packaged solution based on old-school traditional methods. The end result does look great, though I'd like to see how the stance on a longbed looks.

I think a bit element of the cost is the labour required to modify the steering arms (which seems to involve welding on tie rod drop blocks that look a lot like what Sid's has been selling for years) and cutting and welding the pitman arm, which I'm not 100% sold on. I know it can be done, but I'm curious if it would be acceptable in jurisdictions that require inspections.
Zax63
United States of America

Post by Zax63 »

The Big M wrote:I get the impression that the kit is intended as a turn-key, mostly bolt-in solution, which would definitely appeal to those with limited experience. They were apparently able to do the full install of the suspension kit and 302/T5 combo in a '64 at the Dallas Autorama over a weekend, so I'm sure that will be a good selling point. Judging by some of the questions and comments I've seen on social media there does seem to be a demand for something that takes the guesswork out, which this seems to do. It's not really groundbreaking tech, more like a packaged solution based on old-school traditional methods. The end result does look great, though I'd like to see how the stance on a longbed looks.

I think a bit element of the cost is the labour required to modify the steering arms (which seems to involve welding on tie rod drop blocks that look a lot like what Sid's has been selling for years) and cutting and welding the pitman arm, which I'm not 100% sold on. I know it can be done, but I'm curious if it would be acceptable in jurisdictions that require inspections.
It's a little disappointing that a shop with the tooling and talent they have is not making their own pitman and steering arms.

The rear notch kit does look well made from the pics and is not too bad on pricing.
'63 F100 Wrongbed
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

I would agree with the previous statement about the high cost
of the parts Arclight is selling. Have been looking forward to
seeing what Aaron would come up with for 57 - 64 Ford Trucks!
Would be great if they would set up at the Pate Swapmeet in
April to show their parts and pieces and their Unibody with them
installed!