I was lucky enough to go to Barrett-Jackson

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

tomsrod
United States of America

I was lucky enough to go to Barrett-Jackson

Post by tomsrod »

I just got back from Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale. I was able to use my miles and stay with relatives so it wasn't too expensive. I only remember seeing a few slicks there; a 61 unibody, a 66 down-low F100, a slick firetruck, maybe a 62 F350 and a 64 F100. All very nice. The only one I saw getting sold was the unibody and it went for around $50,000. It was a lot of fun, many nice cars and trucks of all makes and models. We went through everything twice and still may have missed some. I guy I know from Omaha bought a 69 Mustang 429 for $260,000, wow.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to go again, but it was a great experience. I only seem to have pics of the unibody, not sure what happened to the others.

Pat

ImageImageImage[/url]
grump

Re: I was lucky enough to go to Barrett-Jackson

Post by grump »

Always thought that would be a cool trip. Lots of neat cars and trucks to drool over. Couldn't imagine dropping 260,000 grand on a vehicle. Glad you had a good time.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

I watched a little of it, one thing I liked was the White 2007 Shelby 115 original miles car sold I believe for 41,000, sticker was 41,000 but another 25,000 was on the sticker for Carroll Shelby extra's

That uni looks real nice, makes me think of Mike's Truck
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Another66

Post by Another66 »

I live here in the valley but never have made it over to one of the auctions. I just happened to be watching the auction on tv when that truck sold. It went for $80,000. I read on another forum where someone had stated that that very same truck sold there at Barrett Jackson last year for $55,000.