1965 F100 Front Bed Panel Style Side

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Fredsf100

1965 F100 Front Bed Panel Style Side

Post by Fredsf100 »

Thought I would pass on the word, I stop by Carolina Classics to pick up my Front Bed Panel I order. Rick had called and said he had them in stock. Well sure enough he has plenty in stock and the panels look great. Can't wait to get mine put in.

ratrapp

Re: 1965 F100 Front Bed Panel Style Side

Post by ratrapp »

I hope he's got them in stock next Friday so I can get one.i'm not messing around this time and hoping they don't sell out by next Friday when I get paid.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

are they black ?? or raw bare steel ???
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
ratrapp

Post by ratrapp »

well I pulled the trigger and ordered mine today.
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Looks black, made in China coated to me....
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Really??: You can actually tell country of origin just by a picture?

I was a bodyman for over ten years, and I can't tell SQUAT from a pic, so rather than make some half assed assumption, I guess I'll have to call CC on Monday and ask them.

FarmMotorSports wrote:Looks black, made in China coated to me....
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Nope, I sure can't. Black coat is always a guess.

I hope that they were made in the US or Canada and coated to ensure infinite storage life.

But it always hate to see black coat on any body panel it is, more often than not, an indicator of a product made outside North America, often to increase profitability, at the end consumers expense.

I personally would never buy a new black coat panel if I can get anything else, at three times the price. I tried the trash once, NEVER again.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Well, I took a gamble and called Carolina Classics this morning, and even though they're not officially open, Rick answered. So, I asked him about the front bed panels and sill, and they are stamped in the USA, from the same gage material as the original parts, then sent out to be E-coated, before being shipped back to CC.
So, no made in China parts, and if you don't know anything about E-coat, go do some googling, but every new panel & body shell on every new car manufactured in USA & Canada is E-coated from the factory, so it doesn't get any better than that......

So, no guesswork, no assumptions, question asked, and answered.......

James
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

all I asked was a simple ????,, :?: cause I know when raw steel sits around too long and people touch it , then it's sits around and starts rusting from humidity and moisture from your hands,, :idea: me personally I would have clear coated so there is no 2nd guessing since I have done it before on parts/ cabs/bottom of doors and even a whole truck we did once took all primer off and cleared it so the customer could see no cancer
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

From the horses mouth: :hello:

I painted enough cars back in the early 70's to know that CLEAR is not a substantial base to paint over, where today's E-coat is. So when you clear coat something, you're just causing someone to pay your price and then have to PAY someone again (or do all the hard labor their self) to totally strip the clear off before they can paint it.
It helps you to sell a product, but it causes the customer more in the long run.

We @ Carolina Classics care about our product (which IS American made) AND our customer. The E-coat was mainly because of the high humidity in our area to avoid the chance of rusting. It's hard to sell a customer even a NEW part that's covered with RUST. I even consulted the company doing the E-coat to use any color except BLACK to avoid the confusion. I was told BLACK is the only color available, and if I wanted another color, they would have to be powder coated. That process would have driven the price up another $67.00 each, so that's why we went with the E-coat.

These panels were made mainly because of years of customer requests, they are selling, we're pleased, and didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest in the midst of it all......

It's only available IF you want it.... but now it's time to get back to work.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

that's what I was saying about the humidity here, now if it was out ,west I would say no problem but still cannot touch it since that causes problems so should wear gloves anytime touching raw metal
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS