King pin question.....

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mr. Jones

King pin question.....

Post by Mr. Jones »

Will a 250 kingpin fit a 100 disc brake assembly or will I need to replace the I-beams as well?A lady friend wants disc brakes and a higher geared rear axle,looking for something around 3:00 five lug.Could be a side job for me to do....she has a 65 250 with a 5:88 out back
Thanks
Dan
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Re: King pin question.....

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

https://www.fordification.com/tech/Ibeamsspindles.htm

Keith has an excellent write up on this topic. It seems that it all depends on where the donor disc brakes are coming from.
Something else to keep in mind is ‘65 has a one year only kingpin. The size is the same as later years. I don’t remember exactly but I think it had something to do with a spindle pin or something...

Hope this helps.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

It seems the holding pin changed location. I used 67(?) brass bushings on my 65. I think I used the 65 king pin and just had the spindle reamed out for the bushings.
Chris
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Dan look for a 68/72 F-250 with a 3.54 Gear that will help you out,, on 65/66 have seen trucks with the grease fitting in 2 locations on those trucks, 1 fitting in the spindle and the other in the cap, 73 and up trucks can be used by moving the saddles and that's as long as you have tire clearance in the back,, disc can be done easy with the right combination of parts
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo