1961-63 4WD Cab Mounts?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

624WD

1961-63 4WD Cab Mounts?

Post by 624WD »

I tried searching my limited resources for the 1962 4WD Cab mounts. I can only locate the kit for the non-4WD trucks. Anyone run into this and how were you able to resolve this. My doors sag due to rusted metal supports that I replaced but now need to install the correct rubber supports for the 4WD truck.

If these are not available I can probably search for hard rubber compound blocks, and make them easy enough on a table saw and drill press.

Thank you in advance.
'tom
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Re: 1961-63 4WD Cab Mounts?

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

nobody does the 4x4 or F-350 and up since they are not round, they are channeled for the reason in Ford eyes and will not shift the cab when off road reasons, something close might be the mounts for the engine I have seen on older trucks looks similar but cannot say how close they are, maybe take solid piece of hard rubber stock and have milled down to what is needed or hunt down NOS Rubber Parts
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

See posts #4 & #5 in the link below.......

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1528 ... dware.html

....and the dimensions, if you want to take a crack at pouring your own, are in this thread.....

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1550 ... ounts.html

James
624WD

Post by 624WD »

This is helpful. Sent a note to the company to see if they can make a set. thank you.
624WD

Post by 624WD »

Just thought I would update my search. I contacted the manufacturer at the link above. Seems like there is a misunderstanding about the price and if they can create these 4wd cab mounts. The answer is no and definitely not for $50.00.

I may go the old truck tire route and explore this further and se if I can laminate sections of neoprene rubber or other product. Or, take my crusty old supports that are beat up and cracked and add a layer of tire rubber to the worn areas and hope for the best. NOS search is worth trying but I have been looking for these for some time.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1528 ... dware.html

"Tom,

Sorry Tom while we have done several jobs for old car enthusiast (including myself) This part has not been one of them.

This part would have been a molded piece. Meaning someone spent a fair amount of cash to have a steel mold made and then inject it with uncured rubber and then bake it in a press under high pressure until rubber is cured.

The fellow with the comment about making a mold out of whatever is cheap, fiberglass etc. And then casting out of polyurethane is on the right track.

Polyurethane is a good product for this type of use. Its semi impervious to exposure to road conditions and fuels and it is tougher than nails. The technical term is Tensile strength. Polyurethane has a very high tensile rating. About 2000 to 3000 PSI Tensile depending on the product type.

Just for ducks a rubber mold for this part would probably run about $1500 to $2000,

And then you would have to buy a fair amount of parts to justify that."
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Maybe ebay ?....
Find some chunks of rubber blocks
Then you could , saw , drill , router them
Make them the size you want ...
Rubber isn't the easiest stuff to work with
But I have made some mounts & done it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Tall-Solid-R ... 7039!US!-1
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
624WD

Post by 624WD »

Yep. That’s the best approach. Been searching the net for rubber blocks and stock material. McNaster Carr is a relative dead end but a good supplier for everything including the kitchen sink. Won’t be too hard to fabricate ina woodshop - hopefully I will not need to deep freeze them to machine without gumming up and clogging.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Slower speed band saw with some oil or water for lube should work
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
1964WVFORD
United States of America

Post by 1964WVFORD »

Are you looking for new or used rubber mounts? I may still have several used ones left.
624WD

Post by 624WD »

New mounts. My old ones are malformed from years of dry Texas heat, pressure, and use, and are cracked and dried out. I just ordered rubber blocks to make some new ones in the shop. I would be interested to look at your used set though. -Tom

rvrwood@hotmail.com