getting her out of hibernation

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jerry D
United States of America

getting her out of hibernation

Post by Jerry D »

taking the truck out of storage tonight. Paid storage through the end of the month, and today's the nicest forecasted til then. Aside from a shake-down run after making a big change or improvement, the first drive of the season is always the best.
tomsrod
United States of America

Re: getting her out of hibernation

Post by tomsrod »

I'll be doing the same once we get a good heavy rain or two to wash all the salt/brine mix the city sprays on our streets in the winter. We've also had a terrible winter for potholes, but I'm not waiting for the city to fix them. They'll be at it until June. No offense to the hard-working street crews. We just have an awful lot of them.
Another66

Post by Another66 »

What is this salt/brine you speak of? Hibernation?? Lol, sorry I couldn't resist, I live in Phoenix. We have to find a place to hide in the summer.
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Pat: It's no different here, looks like a war zone on the roads around here:)

And last night on the 6:00 news, they had some guys from one of the crews on there, and apparently, they patch between 400,000 & 500,000 of them every year here. (a city of close to 1,000,000)

James
tomsrod wrote:I'll be doing the same once we get a good heavy rain or two to wash all the salt/brine mix the city sprays on our streets in the winter. We've also had a terrible winter for potholes, but I'm not waiting for the city to fix them. They'll be at it until June. No offense to the hard-working street crews. We just have an awful lot of them.