An alternative storage "container"

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

My wife's nightmare
United States of America

An alternative storage "container"

Post by My wife's nightmare »

My neighbor owns a salvage yard about an hour north of us. Awhile back he let me get an intermittent wiper setup from a 78 pickup that will be installed on my 63 one of these days. While I was there I noticed quite a few U-Haul truck bodies sitting in his yard. He has a deal with them to purchase their wrecks/non-repairable trucks, cuts the boxes off, and sells them for storage units. He says lots of the farmers around him buy them to store hay in their pastures that are far away from their barns. Anyway, I bought a 15' box from him and he delivered it. I need to wire the inside lights but its a neat new "shed", all aluminum, bars on the walls to hang stuff, pull-out ramp, and the nose area for even more stuff. I figure I can sell it back to him when I'm through with it or find a scrapper looking for aluminum. Enough room for a short wrong-bed and still can walk down one side of it.
36truck
United States of America

Re: An alternative storage "container"

Post by 36truck »

I had two of the boxes off mail trucks. 20 ft & 26 ft. One was in great shape the other needed some work or the rear roof. worked great for many years till I moved. Sold the better one scraped the bad one.
Tom Williams