HOA VS 1965 F-250 Owner

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

chris401
United States of America

HOA VS 1965 F-250 Owner

Post by chris401 »

Is he a Slick60's member?

https://youtu.be/W1nEW9YlZHU
Chris
tomsrod
United States of America

Re: HOA VS 1965 F-250 Owner

Post by tomsrod »

I saw this a while back and wondered how it turned out. I will never live anywhere where someone can tell me what I can drive or how to paint my house. HOAs do serve a purpose for some people, but they are not for me.
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

tomsrod wrote:I saw this a while back and wondered how it turned out. I will never live anywhere where someone can tell me what I can drive or how to paint my house. HOAs do serve a purpose for some people, but they are not for me.
My late step-dad had problems with his in Houston. HOA wanted him to come home from work early or hire someone to put his trash cans up as soon as the city emptied them. Personally, (as if I had a right to talk) I think the fabricated and preserved patina looks like crap. If I had the means to preserve rust I would likely paint the hole truck and let daily use scuff it up.
Chris
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

as far as I can see is shove there rules up their a$$, see problem is so many want to live there and be treated like robots in your own house that I work for, get some balls, and tell them where to go, try to force me out next comes the gun out and I will not go down without a fight. where we are at last year gave us a hard time with permits, told that woman that we are going to the capital with pics of ones that you pic and choose, once I showed I had some balls to stand up, she could have not drove any faster down here to give us our permity
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
FlintMich
United States of America

Post by FlintMich »

At first I was thinking "why would anyone sign a contract that would prevent you from having a classic old truck" but then, after watching, it doesn't look like his truck is breaking any of the rules. No body damage. The contract doesn't say anything about paint and surface quality. That SHOULD hold up in court.
I'm all for standing your ground. But if he loses, they can foreclose on his house? Seriously? That is nothing to take lightly. That clause alone would have kept me from EVER signing that HOA contract - regardless of what "rule" I may or may not break. I guess I'm glad that an HOA house is above my pay grade - lol. I sure hope he wins.
TJ

If some is good, more is better, and too much is just right! ~ Shayf