Fastback Mustang and early Bronco rant

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

tomsrod
United States of America

Fastback Mustang and early Bronco rant

Post by tomsrod »

So I've been casually looking around for a 65-68 Mustang fastback or an early Bronco for my next project. Two things strike me right away in searching for both vehicles. First, the crazy high prices people are asking and apparently getting. I get it, they don't make them any more (well actually they do for both models if you have 100K to spend) so the prices reflect that. Secondly, the number of them out there without titles. The seller often says he doesn't have a title, but they are easy to get. If they are so easy why don't they get one then and sell it with a valid title in his/her name?

I remember when Broncos were common and cheap. I also remember when fastback Mustangs were not as popular as coupes and convertibles. Both were common and cheap. There, now I feel better and the search continues.

Pat
grump

Re: Fastback Mustang and early Bronco rant

Post by grump »

Well said. Sometimes you just have to get it out.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

I agree on the crazy outrageous pricing of nearly ALL vehicles.

It seems to be a marketing-mentality thing.

Even if somebody posts a vehicle on Craigslist for a reasonably cheap price, then when they go back and look at their post and see all the higher priced ones, they quickly go back and change their original price to a higher one. Even the pricing on most F-100s is crazy, but if you go back and look at Craigslist 6 months later, most of the same ones are still on there, because they just aren't selling for those kind of prices, unless it a Great truck to begin with.
I've bought and sold F-100s for 37+ years, and never saw them priced like they are today, until the last 3-4 years. BUT, I did luck up 8 months ago and purchase a SUPER nice 64 cab complete w/doors, that has only a Dime size rust hole in the corner of one door, for a FABULOUS price. Guess I'll save it for my 64 if I ever get creamed or something.....
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Having grown up with the Mustangs I can not remember a time the fastbacks were cheap!
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul