1965???

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jerry D
United States of America

1965???

Post by Jerry D »

A buddy of mine bought this at the Mecum auction for $1000 on a lark ($1600 out the door after fees). Said it was the last vehicle of the night, and they started it at $1000, and nobody was bidding, so he put his number up! Broke the news to him this morning that it's not a 65! haha. Says it's pretty ratted out. You can see from the pics, that they didn't even bother to put newspaper or something over the wheels when they painted it! Last night, before seeing more than one picture, I told him to let me know if he decides to get rid of it. Now, after seeing the auction pics, if he were to pay me $1600, I'd maybe be interested in taking it off his hands! :rotflmao:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CH1019-38956 ... 00-pickup/
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Re: 1965???

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

it's a 1964 most likely no Vin # on door since some people saw it like that or in person how many gallons of Bondo was used :lol: :lol: maybe 1600.00 worth of parts But I doubt it since truck was just painted over a rough truck, lot of places not masked just painted over, inside the bed the red is bleeding through the black, does have cancer in the vent frames and inner fenders that I can see so far,, 600.00 in fees is kinda high ?
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

**Grille is 1963

**Front bumper has three bolts per side (1961-1963 only)

**Straight axle visible in the head-on pic (1961-1964 only on F100)

Cab has stepwells (only used on straight axle trucks) ....

....so it's not a Twin I beam truck (1965-'66), and no newer than 1963, as 1964 and newer used the two bolts per side front bumpers..........

It's kind of funny that in the description they call it a Small Block V8 engine.....and it's a Y-block:)
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

Funny, I'd already told him all of that when I saw the pictures this morning. He basically bought it on a lark, so I don't think he's too put off (he can afford it). He's thinking of having it lettered and putting it out front of his landscape business as road art/signage.

Watching some footage of the Chicago Mecum auction where he bought it, there's actually a lot of vehicles that aren't trailer queens at unreasonable prices. That said, there's a bunch of stuff like his truck too!
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Ive seen Craigslist ads for non running
Sitting in weeds for years
No titles ....
And people wanting $1500

So for $1600 for a running truck
He didn't get hurt terrible
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

They put a lot of lipstick on that pig. The price probably isn't out of line but the fees are. I thought Mecum was a 10% buyers premium. That would only be 100 dollars.
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

That sure is a lot of lipstick on a pig. The first picture sure paints a picture of what's to come. Some really bad body work on it.
Tom Williams
deadheadno1

Post by deadheadno1 »

I NEED that tail gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! praying.gif praying.gif praying.gif
"Make him a "deal" deal, maybe the guy's a republican!"
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

I have not seen a whole lot of left hand bed fenders without the spare tire indention.
Chris