no more Classic Trucks or Street Rodder

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

grump

no more Classic Trucks or Street Rodder

Post by grump »

I got a email this morning from the company that publishes most of the main automotive magazines ,Ten,. They are discontinuing Classic Trucks and Street Rodder. They're giving you Hot Rod, Motor Trend or 4 wheeler and a 6 month sub to stream motor trend. I tried to get through to cancel my subscription a few minutes ago and couldn't get my call through due to "an abnormally high volume of calls". I'm guessing they PO'd alot of subscribers. I know they did with this subscriber.
SteveCanup
United States of America

Re: no more Classic Trucks or Street Rodder

Post by SteveCanup »

I was going to let my subcription run out anyway....they are SLANTED toward Chevrolet trucks anyway....even in their advertising. I used to look forward to getting their magazine...not anymore. It should be "Classic Chevy Trucks." SMH.....
1964 F-100
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Yup, they cancelled 19 titles, and at least a couple of them are ones I read:(

They will miss my $$, eventually, because I will not pay for digital versions of the magazines

Here's a link to the announcement .............

https://www.foliomag.com/ten-publishing ... magazines/
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

If you want to subscribe to a classic truck magazine try Vintage Truck Magazine. That is a good read. 6 times a year.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

here is the problem with those magazines,,, WAY OVER PRICE on the ads some that are very small start at 300.00 per month and that go way up to 500.00 and beyond that ++ some offer on line magazines at no charge
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Stopped reading those mags probably 5 years ago, haven’t read a magazine in that long at all actually.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
grump

Post by grump »

I really looked forward to recieving Classic trucks, Street Rodder and to some degree Hot Rod. Even tho they had a lot of Chevys I could always learn something in the tech articles. I want a book or magazine in my hands, I despise digital books and mags. I have to get my newspaper digitally and I hate it. I really hate to see all those mags disappear. I have read the comments on some other forums about the mags having the same old ads every month but I wonder how many of those same people sit and watch those god awful stupid commercials over and over every nite and don't think anything of it.