Clutch Pedal rubber bumper?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

slixtyfive
United States of America

Clutch Pedal rubber bumper?

Post by slixtyfive »

Anyone have suggestions for what to use as a substitute rubber bumper for the clutch pedal to ride against? I can't seem to find a true replacement for '65/66.

I ordered one listed for dents so i'll see if that works later this week (after it arrives) but I suspect it may not.
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
charliemccraney

Re: Clutch Pedal rubber bumper?

Post by charliemccraney »

I ordered some rubber tube from McMaster-Carr with the intent of making that work. Not sure if that is the technical term. It is a rubber cylinder with a hole through it. Then I realized I can simply turn the bumper around to an area without wear so I never tried to use it.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

Yeah, if this dent version I ordered doesn't work I was thinking I would probably try to find a generic rubber bumper with a hole in it that i can us a recessed bolt/washer/nut to hold it in place. Something like a typical shock bumper - only smaller..........
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

Well - fyi the dent one didn't work. Wasn't even close to correct size etc.

Off to the hardware store in search of something to substitute......