Door Window Anti-Rattle Kit

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Gary Seymour
United States of America

Door Window Anti-Rattle Kit

Post by Gary Seymour »

Who's got the best and most complete door window anti-rattle kit available? I've got a '62 but I think they are all the same for Slicks.
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Door Window Anti-Rattle Kit

Post by slick4x4 »

I got mine from LMC
I had to "trim" a bit on length for fitment
But besides that , im happy with the quality
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
04sd
United States of America

Post by 04sd »

No first hand knowledge since I haven't gotten that far yet but based on hanging out on several forums for the last few years I will probably go with Carpenter.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html
My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Post by My wife's nightmare »

I'm not positive but most of the "kits" all come from Carpenter's. Carolina Classics and Flashback's both sell anything you need and they are usually cheaper than straight from Carpenter's. Steele Rubber Products is only a few miles from me and their truck kits come from Carpenter too. Sorry I didn't answer your question but I'm not aware of any other person making these parts. Good luck whichever supplier you decide to go with. Replacing all the parts in your doors will make your truck so happy!!!
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

When theastronaut posted the build of his customer's '66 CC SWB, I remember him mentioning the windshield gasket and many other rubber bits for the glass came from Precision, here's a link, set up form 1966 F-100, but it's easy enough to change using the dropdowns at the top of the page.....

https://www.prp.com/product/?SearchType ... 0&type=All
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

I wouldn't use one from Vintique. The last ones I saw, the anti-rattlers (pieces where you would lay your arm on if the window was down) weren't made anywhere close to right.
CHOPPERS
United States of America

Post by CHOPPERS »

I had bad luck with the window felts, none of the clips lined up with the holes...I cannot remember who made them, but they are common, I am looking for another set, I'll keep watching out....
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Used Carpenters/ Flashback F100 and have had no issues
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Gary Seymour
United States of America

Post by Gary Seymour »

I got a set from Dennis Carpenter. Looks like quality stuff. I haven't tried to line up holes with studs or anything yet. Looks like the rear seal for the vent window is included on the division bar so I was happy about that also. The materials look top notch. I also got the vent window front seals and the rollers for the window raisers. Just need to install everything now............
My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Post by My wife's nightmare »

The felts at the bottom of the window opening are sometimes a pain to install. Guess the holes in the doors are probably not all exactly the same. Just allow a few hours to do them and then take the rest of the day off and do something else!
I would really like to have/find all of these parts with a black bead instead of the stainless beads. I think I was going to be lucky with Steele products but didn't get back over there with samples before they closed the customer counter due to the China flu! I do have a can of trim black spray paint and tape so if I get ready to install all this before the pandemic is over, I'll just make my own.
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

really disapointed with wing window rubber from Carpenter. that a lot of money for junk. would like to find something that fits right.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Vent window rubbers from Carpenters should be no problems since if they did come from there they have The Ford Part #'S and the Ford Logo marked LH and RH etc. on it, if not they did not come from Carpenters
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

This sounds like too much trouble. I think I will just let them rattle. Everything else on the truck rattles anyway!
Gary Seymour
United States of America

Post by Gary Seymour »

I checked the vent window rubbers and they do have part numbers and right/left in them. The rubber seems like good stuff. I hope I can do a good job replacing them.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Just don't stretch them as you go. Make sure all holes in the vent rubbers line up with all holes in the metal track they fit in.

I've seen people stretch them as they go, then cut off the 1 1/2 that is sticking out past the end of the metal track. Later when they find out the holes don't line up, they correct it but by that time they really need that 1 1/2 on the end.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Just put in Carpenter anti rattlers this afternoon. went in like a dream, no trimming or buggering around required at all.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Gary Seymour
United States of America

Post by Gary Seymour »

That's encouraging, Johnny. Did you make a video for me to follow? :)
dante81_98

Post by dante81_98 »

Gary Seymour wrote:I got a set from Dennis Carpenter. Looks like quality stuff. I haven't tried to line up holes with studs or anything yet. Looks like the rear seal for the vent window is included on the division bar so I was happy about that also. The materials look top notch. I also got the vent window front seals and the rollers for the window raisers. Just need to install everything now............
I just got the same setup from Carpenter ordered. For what its worth, they were the only one that had the kit in its entirety. Everyone else listed out of stock or backordered. I suppose I will find out how good their inventory is in a few days if it gets shipped or not.

Chad
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Did the the antirattlers from Tom here on the site, worked great.
Did a precision back glass seal, again perfect fit.

Bought a windshield seal direct from Carpenters, and wish like hell I would have stretched the hell out of it! It has gaps in all four corners. :cussing: Bought a second windshield (first one was a cheap Craig's list buy, so I blamed it) and put it in with the same gasket.... SHORT gasket... bang.gif Two perfect windshields.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle