Repairing rear lower door pillar

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

JeffinMooresville
United States of America

Repairing rear lower door pillar

Post by JeffinMooresville »

Hi all, wanted to get some advice from the group. I ran across a 66 short bed project that I am thinking about rat rodding or something. Is was wrecked on pass side and caught the cab corner. I know I can get cab corner replacement, but not sure about how to handle the lower corner of door pillar.

Again, just trying to rat rod , so not looking for perfection, just structurally sound.

Truck is pretty rough ….

Jeff in Mooresville
63 Flareside and 65 Styleside projects underway
grump

Re: Repairing rear lower door pillar

Post by grump »

Wow, you'll have to do that one in several smaller pieces, it's hard to explain how I would go about that repair. Not saying my way would be the right way, just the way my warped mind works. I've sat here for the last 15 minutes just staring at the pics and figuring what I would do. Wish I was a little closer.
62bigwindow
United States of America

Re: Repairing rear lower door pillar

Post by 62bigwindow »

When I did mine I was lucky enough to find a donor cab. It made the repair a little easier. Also when you cut out the repair panels you'll get a good idea how it needs to go back together. Buy a good spot weld cutter and disassemble the parts from the donor pieces by cutting the spot welds from the factory. This makes it alot easier to line everything up.
Every day above ground is a good one