What's Happened to this Place?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

slick4x4
United States of America

Re: What's Happened to this Place?

Post by slick4x4 »

The wonderful thing about Facebook is
You can nicely explain why a Ford bed is called
A Flareside … and not a stepside
And then get called an idiot
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Oh, well!
My concerns run a bit more toward the “expert” idiots who can’t identify the differences between a pressure differential switch and a proportioning valve, but still insist on answereing brake queries!
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

How about a new topic of conversation

https://www.farmauction.net/auction/neb ... uck-hoard/
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

FarmMotorSports wrote:How about a new topic of conversation

https://www.farmauction.net/auction/neb ... uck-hoard/
Ugh I can't look.... i am 26 hours one way from there. So much rusty metal to drool over. look away! :lol:
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Owner is offering 1YEAR free storage on site, while you arrange removal of your purchase.

Owner says you are allowed to take just parts you want from your purchase, leave the rest.

Owner has skidsteer, forklifts, and a Crane.... To help you load, at no charge.

You Should FEED the rust hunger, starve the savings account...
And there is 950+ choices to feed it WITH !

The Owner had the sickness worse than ANY member on this site... :shock:

If he had only been a member here....
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
Doc Pepper

Post by Doc Pepper »

My concern with this topic and my original intent was to find out why people were not posting more often. I think it has been answered. As for me, this is my only group. I simply can't figure out the FTE site and Facebook was an absolute disaster. Hopefully, somebody will be able to bring this place back into popularity. At least until I can get 2 doors for a 1965.
Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

I believe the slick60’s ship has sailed, and from the view from here - won’t be returning to port.

Wish I was wrong, but don’t believe so. Just a hand-full of old-timers having a closed conversation . . . It is what it is.
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Doc Pepper wrote:What has happened to this website? I remember when a post would get pushed off the front page after a few days. I just noticed that I was still the last poster to this forum, yet my recent posts were almost 10 days old. I could understand other members refusing to read my babble. It wouldn't be the first time I was shunned from a group. But this place is dead. Have all the members sold (or junked) their slicks? Has everyone learned all there is to know about their slicks, so they have no further need of communicating here? Are there even any other slicks left on the road? Is mine the last. I noticed that Autozone has almost no parts stocked for my truck anymore. It took me two days to get the rear brake and axle parts for my last repair. Is the slick dead??
I admit, there may be months between my posts. I am quite busy. No not will the preoccupations of the youth, but with the chores of old age. Vacuuming the living room used to take 10 minutes. Now it is an afternoon project that requires additional rest when finished. Brushing my teeth is now a thirty minute workout. I slipped a tiny bit in the dirt while walking the shepherd and my foot was swollen for a week. And of course, I still don't have internet access at my home, so I must go to the library to do things like this. So I can understand a slight slacking in messaging.
But nothing for over a week?!
I was told by one of the moderators that the I.T. guy said photo posting fix isn't likely to happen. If you guys know who the I.T. man is maybe you could forward this to him. If you have folks checking in there is still enough life left to make a few site updates. Just make direct photo post available and folks will go back to posting. (I am not asking about 3rd party hosting or how to use it, they are not permanent) Most of our post have to do with photo visuals.
Chris
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

I used to keep up regularly here but between it not letting me in over the last year and pics.. it became a hastle and I finally quit trying. but I got back in this morning and with Pat's link for pics above, I will try and hang out more.. Eventually is getting rough and on the list to get a new cab, fenders, doors and a hood.. even ging to get a dump cylinder under the bed that I stretched and rebuilt a couple years ago with my buddy.. :) Image
62bigwindow
United States of America

Post by 62bigwindow »

I miss the old activity. Especially the new builds. The Facebook groups may be getting more traction but are full of Crown Vic suspension swaps and 20" wheels. To each their own but not my cup of tea. I'd love to start a build thread but, as stated before, picture posting is a problem here.
Every day above ground is a good one
66camperspecial
United States of America

Post by 66camperspecial »

I have not been on here since I sold my 66 but checked today to see if it was still up and running,tired of late model trucks and might get another 60s or 70s soon.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

You know what- despite the face books..... we all just got too busy with made up responsibilities. I am guilty. I decided to retire because i was no longer willing to do the things the CG told me to do, and that i would have to tell my junior guys to do. That was it.

Onward to more projects. If i had more parking spots at my house, id do another slick.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63