Lucky Find

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Lucky Find

Post by My wife's nightmare »

I agreed to put king pins and bushings in a buddy's 1970 Sprot Custom recently. He borrowed a set of piloted adjustable reamers from the local high school shop class. As my luck goes, the locknut for the reamer broke the first time I set it to start cutting. I found a new reamer on-line and am still waiting for it to show up. (Ordered it July 1st) So I took off to a Thresher's Reunion to "relax". There is always quite a large number of people selling antiques, old engine parts, and you name it. I was looking at a table of tools (because yes I have an addition to those too) when I noticed three little wood boxes. Opened one of them up and to my surprise it was an adjustable piloted reamer. Checked out the other two and it was a set from .750" to .900". I asked how much for the reamers and he said "Do you mean those pretty wooden boxes over there?" I said well I really just want the tools in them and he said do you know what those are because I just got them for the boxes! So after giving him $30 for all three of them I was a happy boy. They worked absolutely fabulously! And I paid $30 shipping for the one that is still in transit. So keep an eye out for the unexpected at all times

Imagerussian image host
chris401
United States of America

Re: Lucky Find

Post by chris401 »

Good find! Haven't been on the flea market scene for a while. Thanks'for posting the reminder.
Chris