Rheostat For In Cab Gas Tank

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

chris401
United States of America

Rheostat For In Cab Gas Tank

Post by chris401 »

Got a new fuel gauge some time back that reads wrong. I forget the ohms but they matched a one from a list of old Chevrolet ohm values. Would someone be kind enough to share a Napa, Parts Plus, ect Ford rheostat part number?
Thanks'
Chris
My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Re: Rheostat For In Cab Gas Tank

Post by My wife's nightmare »

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for. Do you need the resistance values of the sending unit? If so, 73 ohms empty and 10 ohms full. I doubt that's what you are looking for but I need some more info please.
chris401
United States of America

Re: Rheostat For In Cab Gas Tank

Post by chris401 »

My wife's nightmare wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for. Do you need the resistance values of the sending unit? If so, 73 ohms empty and 10 ohms full. I doubt that's what you are looking for but I need some more info please.
That helps, thanks'. If I am aloud to test a few without buying them I can pin it down and share the part number. The rheostat is the electrical part that you measured the resistance on. Years ago I found an online value chart. The new gas gauge from LMC and Carpenter measured up against a common GM from mid 60's to late 70's.
Chris