300 engine swap

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

brandonperkins777
United States of America

300 engine swap

Post by brandonperkins777 »

In my project currently is a 223 six, and I would like to put a 300 in its place. Has anyone ever put a 300 in a '63 before? And if so what did you need to do to make it fit? I know it will require the engine mounting kit for the 300 but what about bolting the bellhousing to the transmission? (which I believe is a Borg-Werner T98) Will the bellhousing require some modification to fit? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Note: I AM NOT interested in putting a V8 in this truck, I would like to stay with a straight six, just not sure if I want to reuse the 223 that is currently in it.
longcabjohn
United States of America

Re: 300 engine swap

Post by longcabjohn »

Music city trucks on powernation TV are doing a story on a 223, guessing it should be airing soon. I don't know if it will be stock or built.

It might help with decision.

Johnny
If restoring a ford was easy, chevy guys could do it.
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

My 66 F-350 has a factory 300, with a straight axle. The engine has a front motor mount… I believe it’s different than yours… that’s the first obstacle finding one…. But the internet has it all… good luck with your install the 300 is an excellent choice
longcabjohn
United States of America

Post by longcabjohn »

Need to make a correction it is a 262 from a 64. Going into a 60 for someone in country music.

g
If restoring a ford was easy, chevy guys could do it.