Dodge Dakota

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shawn F.

Dodge Dakota

Post by Shawn F. »

Well I was just reading a site on different front ends that work on our trucks and what the advantages and disadvantages are of each one. The site is this... http://www.cyberranch.org/ifs.html
You all already read this info I am sure from Fordification I think it is but there is that site as well... Anyways, I am wanting to start planning which front end to use or what to do to my 66 to lower it. I want to lower it 5 inches in the front and 5 or 6 in the back. Now I know one of you guys on here used to make the kits for the Dakota's (name starts with a P I know but can't spell it) but I am wondering about just getting one at a junk yard. Any tips on this whole deal? I am guessing I have to remove the whole front end and engine, etc am I correct? Is this a cut off and weld on kit or one of those kinds that bolt on. I heard that some kind of bolt up with little welding but no clue which.
Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciate along with experiences you have had with all kinds of front ends.

Thanks a lot!
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Hi, I'm that guy

www.industrialchassisinc.com is the site. Please do not take this for spam, I come here for fun and not to shill parts. But I will answere questions and try and be as non-biased as possible.

I had put the mail order business on hold for a while but it seems I am going to offer the kits again at the first of the year.... Garbz, we need to talk, it's a good thing!

If you want to talk specifics Email me at info@industrialchassisinc.com

Thanks!
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

ELpolacko...

You are always welcome! You sell good products and are very knolagable. :lol:

Shawn...

The kit is weld in cross member. Good kit, I am still thinking about that one or the MII from Fat Man. :?

Hey ELpolacko, any price breaks for club members?? :wink:
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Only thing about ordering is shipping. Fat Man's is 20 minutes from me and I get deals through there because of the shop I work at, etc. But I want to try and get a Dakota front clip from a yard or something. I don't have 2,000 bucks for a MII kit that is my problem. I will have to contact you about your clips sometime this week to get prices, info, etc. I don't plan to get one in the next few weeks or nothing, I am just planning this out right now.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

No problem, it is going to take us a while to get back into production.

Yes there are going to be discounts for members. I will make a formal announcement when it is proper to do so.
William-in-St. George

Dakota Crosmember

Post by William-in-St. George »

I for one am glad about your re-starting production on a real crossmember for trucks. Stout with available aftermarket and OEM parts doesn't get any better than that.
When you have 90% of what you want, think twice about insisting on the other 10%! Thomas Sowell
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Is it true that the Dodge front ends here will give a 2" drop just putting it all in with stock parts like spindles, etc? If so and then I get 2 or 3 inch dropped spindles then I should have 4 or 5" of drop like I want. :D What is the difference between your kit and a stock one out of a junk yard besides the tubular A arms? I might just get a junk yard one but order the other things like A arms from you and such if you make all of that as well.... Like I said, I don't have 1500 or 2000 bucks to get a full weld in kit from Fat Man's or nothing.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

ELpolacko wrote:No problem, it is going to take us a while to get back into production.

Yes there are going to be discounts for members. I will make a formal announcement when it is proper to do so.

I am bubbling with excitement!! :P
Dan
My Build Thread
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Heck yeah, so am I!!! :D
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Shawn,

The kit drops these trucks quite a bit. If you saw the burnout video of the 62 Unibody, that truck has stock Dakota Spindles and modified Cargo Coil springs to get the suspension into the ride height. I will get some pictures up as soon as the truck gets back from the glass shop.

The kit will consist of a weld in crossmember. This allows you to retain the stock frame horns and all the sheet metal will fit properly. You will have to cut out a section of the inner fender for the upper control arm, but that is it.

You will need to source a junkyard front end for the control arms. The Tubular arm kit will be in the works, as well as an airspring and coil over type front end for more versatility. I am also going to be working with Baer brakes for an economical 12" rotor kit with stock Ford 5 on 5 1/2" bolt circles.

Shawn F. wrote:Is it true that the Dodge front ends here will give a 2" drop just putting it all in with stock parts like spindles, etc? If so and then I get 2 or 3 inch dropped spindles then I should have 4 or 5" of drop like I want. :D What is the difference between your kit and a stock one out of a junk yard besides the tubular A arms? I might just get a junk yard one but order the other things like A arms from you and such if you make all of that as well.... Like I said, I don't have 1500 or 2000 bucks to get a full weld in kit from Fat Man's or nothing.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

ELpolacko wrote:Shawn,

The kit drops these trucks quite a bit. If you saw the burnout video of the 62 Unibody, that truck has stock Dakota Spindles and modified Cargo Coil springs to get the suspension into the ride height. I will get some pictures up as soon as the truck gets back from the glass shop.

The kit will consist of a weld in crossmember. This allows you to retain the stock frame horns and all the sheet metal will fit properly. You will have to cut out a section of the inner fender for the upper control arm, but that is it.

You will need to source a junkyard front end for the control arms. The Tubular arm kit will be in the works, as well as an airspring and coil over type front end for more versatility. I am also going to be working with Baer brakes for an economical 12" rotor kit with stock Ford 5 on 5 1/2" bolt circles.

I want one. I sent you an email about it but have yet to recieve a reply. I could probably bring the truck out and have you install it if you have time after the first of the year.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

I'm bad with the Emails.

Things are really confusing today. Gimme some time on it and I will get back to you
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

ELpolacko wrote:Gimme some time on it and I will get back to you

Will do.
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

You got an Email from me as well. Thanks!
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Elpolacko, did you ever get my email? No rush or nothing but I dont even think I sent you one. If not then I will send another, just let me know if possible.
Thanks!
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

I got it, just been hell for the last few weeks.

Business merger and rebuilding stuff mixed in with trying to get a few jobs out the door.
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Elpolacko, any way that I can get a price on a basic crossmember kit? I know you've been pretty busy latey and I am not trying to rush you or nothing but I figured you might have forgot about this because of everything going on. Things get crazy and I forget things too heh.
Thanks again.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Just whent out and looked at my 2 bare fraim rails...sure would be nice to get that suspention in.

dont forget about us ELpolacko!
Dan
My Build Thread
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Crossmember kits should be around $675.00.

Things are pretty slow going right now, getting everyone together and on the same page for the business end of things is harder than you would think it should be.
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
1LOW66
United States of America

Post by 1LOW66 »

I have bought 2 from Elpacko a few years back. I've still got one under my 66 F100 with 2" drop spindles. Pretty good set up. I bought it because I didn't like the MII set up. I put urethane bushings in the arms, also.
Alan
66F100 429, 66F100 Ranger 428