Virus here at Fordtruck?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

willy3486

Virus here at Fordtruck?

Post by willy3486 »

Is there a virus on the site? When I try to look at a post it says a virus is trying to get through to my computer. Mine is up to date with antivirus software but I was eondering if anyone else has the issue.
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

No problem here Willy.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

I'm using AVG (Free version) and have never had a problem..
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Bill

Post by Bill »

My AVG shows no problems
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Maybe your bug detector has caught the flu. :lol:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

I am running Advast now. I use to run norton but I ran into times that it wouldn't catch everything. I switched to advast once when I was trying to get rid of a virus at work. I Couldn't find it with nortns,I found it with trendmico antivirus but Advast was the only thing that would delete it. Its a free program and really works great. Anyway what I was getting last night was that a worm was on the fordtruk site when I tried to open a post. I did not have that with other sites last night and when I run a virus scan on my computer its clear. I will just check later. There is some type of new virus out there in the last week . This is a mac I am on now and the os is not at risk for it.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

willy3486 wrote:I am running Advast now. I use to run norton but I ran into times that it wouldn't catch everything. I switched to advast once when I was trying to get rid of a virus at work. I Couldn't find it with nortns,I found it with trendmico antivirus but Advast was the only thing that would delete it. Its a free program and really works great. Anyway what I was getting last night was that a worm was on the fordtruk site when I tried to open a post. I did not have that with other sites last night and when I run a virus scan on my computer its clear. I will just check later. There is some type of new virus out there in the last week . This is a mac I am on now and the os is not at risk for it.

I run AVAST too and was having the same problem, actualy it was the same problem with all pbb sites. (FORDification, FORDsix, 460ford, etc...)

As you can see, all is well now.

I think it was something to do with AVAST. I am actualy glad that even though it wasn't realy something bad, it did warn me. This tells me that they are activly looking for stuff.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Phil

Post by Phil »

What's a virus?

Someday I'll get another slick :(
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

Given that xp computers can get viruses I still prefer them over apple. I am apple certified even. I work on computers all day long. Each time they come out with a newer one its harder to fix. I use to could change out a display on a Ibook in about 30 minutes but now on a macbook its a 2 hour or better job. When I worked in a windows enviroment only I had a box 18x 24 inches that had 95% of the parts I needed to fix one. Now I would be lucky if I could get 95% of the parts I would need to fit in a service van. Give me xp any day.
Horsepower

Post by Horsepower »

I love my Mac G5 wouldn't trade it for 10 PC's
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

The bad virus on this site is the compelling need to purchase every Slick we find. Not sure if there is a cure or if I want one.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

:iagree:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton