Ebay Slick

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Comet

Ebay Slick

Post by Comet »

Ok, I know this is a non-ford powered slick, and frankly I'm getting real tired of all the posts about that. But I'm posting this for all the other reasons like the tilt hood and chop. I don't think they needed to put a mopar mill in it to ruin this truck. The chop on a long bed, non lowered (ok the front is lowered) truck and tilt front look odd to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-196 ... dZViewItem
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

That truck has a definite style of it's own, but I can't say I hate it. The roof chop makes it look a mile long with that longbed, the color is cool, the tilt is cool. Some supension mods could make it a slick slick.
The Mopar engine.... well we have already proven to differ on that one anyway huh Comet? Not a hope in hell he will sell it... These same guys must wonder why no one wants to swim at their place with a turd floating in the pool... :dontknow:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

that would look good in a shortie for sure and i'd rather see a mopar mill in there as opposed to a chevy. of course a side oiler 427 or blown 5.4 would be the best option. lol.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

not too bad looking for a dord or is it a fodge? either way hes not going to get 6K from me with that combination.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
jimbob1021

Post by jimbob1021 »

that has been on ebay befour and i think if i remember right it was at that same price and it did not sell then nether i think the last bid was just over 2k. i do like the way the truck set's and the tilt front end if i dont sell my slick i am going to do some more work to it and get it lower to the gound and i might even go as far as to putting in a 429 cj like the one i had in my 66 fairlane 35 years ago i even had one of these trucks back when i was only 18 it was a 1965 f 100 rust free found it when i was junken cars it had no title and back then title's were harder to get i had this for about a year it was a rolling body but it was solid as a rock but i ended up scarping it anyway :cry:
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

That truck looks goofy. The chop combined with the stance conspire to ruin the lines. It makes the rear end look really heavy.

It might be okay if the rear weren't so high. I don't know, I haven't seen many chopped trucks that I like.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

I like the truck although they took too much out of the C pillars compared to ther A pillars so the top is lower in the back than the front . I also noticed that it has one piece windows and has been hard topped as there are no window frames just the front pillars of the window frames . I only have one question why would somebody spend the money to do that extensive of body work and then put a $30.00 grant steering wheel on it :shock: .

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Nice color :D
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

IMO :2cents:
Slicks do not look good chopped
the natural proportions of a slick are just right as ford built it.
mild chop does not look to bad on short box
but that big chop on a long box makes me want to :barf:
this is coming from a guy who's slicks only original pieces are the body panels :shock:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Comet

Post by Comet »

Johnny Canuck wrote:That truck has a definite style of it's own, but I can't say I hate it. The roof chop makes it look a mile long with that longbed, the color is cool, the tilt is cool. Some supension mods could make it a slick slick.
The Mopar engine.... well we have already proven to differ on that one anyway huh Comet? Not a hope in hell he will sell it... These same guys must wonder why no one wants to swim at their place with a turd floating in the pool... :dontknow:

I don't like the 318 in there either. If you must make an engine swap, make it something worth the while. I don't personally like the tilt front either because of the goofy line that is created in the fender. If you gotta have a trick hood, go with a system like El Polacko did. Looks way better when the hood is down.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Bidding has ended for this item
0 bids

I rest my case. :roll:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Bidding has ended for this item
0 bids

I rest my case. :roll:

Still a nice color. :lol:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Agreed :thumright:
Model_T_46804

Last word?

Post by Model_T_46804 »

I know this is a dead thread but I just couldn't resist putting my 2 cents in. Love the truck or hate it, you have to admire the craftsmanship that went in to it. There was a lot of work that went into that truck. The 318 wouldn't have been my first choice but as far as Mopars go it's a damn good engine.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

No ones saying it isn't. :D
Toyota , Mitusbishi, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Honda,GM, Hyundai, Caterpillar, and Briggs and Stratton also, all make good engines.

Whether or not they should be in a Slick, especially a Slick you are trying to sell.. well thats a whole different bags of Cats now, ain't it. :wink: