Rock-N-Roll or Country

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ABA

Rock-N-Roll or Country

Post by ABA »

Me, I'm a 44yr HeadBanger who likes any kind of music as long as it's not country. :rocker:

Me and the wife have well over 700 CDs in our collection and not a single one was D/Led off the internet. :shock:
She likes anything from Kid Rock to Willie Nelson and I my taste will vary from week to week.

Some days all I want to here is Metallica, other days all I want to here is Lynyrd Skynyrd or Kenny Wayne Shepard.
Then some days I will turn on that all Blues channel and listen to the legends that started it all. 8)
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i also like the metal. no hairband stuff though. right now i'm into "fuzz rock" or "stoner rock" as it's sometimes called. bands no one has heard of like mastidon, fu manchu, dozer, and monkey 3, but i like all kinds of rock, blues, and country. johnny cash is a favorite.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Rock & Roll and most other Rock.
Jim
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

I like a diversity of music, mostly depending on my mood. However, my wife listens to stuff at times, that makes me go elsewhere. It only bothers me if I'm traped with it. I like soothing music when I drive, keeps down the road rage, but tends to put me to sleep, so I have to be carefull. To be specific, I like older rock, country, bluegrass, some blues, classic, etc. etc..

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

http://www.1025thebear.com/main.html

This is the station I listen to 95% of the time. If the wife is home or in the car, I have to keep the volume down...lol. She prefers talk radio.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
MattsIASlickShop

Post by MattsIASlickShop »

I started off listening Rock and Roll of the 60's and 70's, then switched to Country sometime around '92 or so.
I still listen to mostly Country, alot of Blues, and a mix of other stuff.
One of my favorite podcasts is Rock and roll based Roots Rock Radio ( http://www.rrradio.com ) it is gritty and down to basics, something I miss in today's rock.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

I listen to that on the computer in the office or 93.7 The Arrow out of Houston

I really like nearly any kind of rock although lately I have been listening to more stuff out of the 70s, Jackson Brown, Lynard Skynard, Eagles, any AC/DC. I need a I Pod.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

I've been tormenting Garbz with all sorts of fun stuff. We use Musicmatch Jukebox with an On Demand subscription so I can pipe in the notes and melodies from the best of Western Swing, Black Metal, Rockabilly Revival, BOP Jazz, Funk Metal, Delta Blues, Old Skool PUNK, Experimental Rock, Slide Guitar Blues, Garage Punk and whatever suits the mood!
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Tim, you sound like we could cruise together :rocker::steering:
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I listen to primarily classic country (my previous screen name may have been a hint, lol), and a little of the newer stuff. Maybe I could still keep my other nickname though "Boots".
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

mikecarson wrote:Tim, you sound like we could cruise together :rocker::steering:

Sounds like a plan.
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

1800 classic country tunes in the playlist, bout 300 classic rock, and about 1000 "new" country.

Adrianspeeder
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I'm ridin' with Tim and Mike
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Mostly any type of Rock first off, but any thing that's well played. . . .err, Ahh, except Screaming & Drums or Radical Hip Hop that incites hatred ('cause I don't consider noise & stress to be either music or entertaining.)

More important to me is what I play and it's Rock, Country/Rock, Blues or Boogie Style Blues (aka Geo Thorogood, Stevie Ray Vaughn, etc.) But mostly everybody knows I'm wired wierd anyway. . . . :roll:

PS
Farewell To Freddy Fender The Tex Mex Country Rock Musician, Some of his tunes were "Secret Love" "wasted days & wasted Nights" "before the next tear drop falls" and many, many other well known tunes. :cry:

He died today at his home, with his family at his side, in Corpus Christi, Texas, from Lung Cancer which he was just diagnosed with this year. You're appreciated for what you did. !Adios, mi amigo Y las Tejas Picker.

Freddy Fender was 69. :(

FBp :cry:
Change is the Only Constant
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

I am a metal head. But I have started to get into bands like the Killers, Gorrilaz, and HIM. I hate emo rock. My favorite band is Metallica, even if their last album was weak. I have Metallica S&M in my car right now. I like how they blended the symphony with metal. I like social distortion, bad religion, sex pistols. I like classic rock. I love Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. Her voice is incredible. I was never able to get into the grunge rock of the early 90s. During that time I started listening to classic rock and "discovered" MotorHead, Black Sabath, Deap Purple etc. If I can't listen metal, like when my wife is in the car she likes enya and budah bar :barf:. I listen to blues and jass. I love working in my garage blasting Slayer, and Rob Zombie while I am working on my cars. It scares my neighbors :mrgreen: :twisted:

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
Cheers,
Jarrod
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Jarrod wrote: I love working in my garage blasting Slayer, and Rob Zombie while I am working on my cars. It scares my neighbors :mrgreen: :twisted:

Thats what I am talking about. Rock on!
ABA

Post by ABA »

Well, I kinda expected there to be more country fans here but I guess it's not easy to restore or tinker on our trucks while crying in our beer. :lol:
Like the song says,"Rock n Roll ain't niose pollution,
Rock n Roll ain't gonna Die"
AC/DC :rocker:
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i was originally a rock only person, along the way somewhere i began to listen to country. now it depends on the mood i am in and what i am doing at the time.so long as theres no screaming banshees or rap, which i cant stomach, im ok.in my late teens and early 20s i attended lots of rock concerts.probably helps explain why i cant hear stuff real well at times.

rode the bull at Gilleys in Pasadena Tx too.bowed to the porcelain throne later on that night . back then there were more folks wearing western attire in Chicago than the Houston area due to the Travolta movie.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Well I'll put my 2 bits in for country music. I aint talkin but the new faggy boy band bell bottom baggy jean nose piecing disrespecting music that out radio stations so spinelessly play.

I'm talking about real outlaw Waylon, Johnny Cash, David Allen Coe, Lefty Frizell, Hank I, II, & III, Kris, Merle, Willie and a few that carry the torch today like Travis Tritt, Marty Stuart, Toby Keith.

As Far as Rock goes, I admit that I'm still a carry over from the 70s & 80s rock days cause that's what I grew up with. Sirius 23 Hair Nation gets its share of play time on the old satellite radio. 8)

Mark
Mark

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

LOL well I spent my early adulthood in Calgary, famous of course for the Calgary Stampede, biggest rodeo in North America. For a bald young adult, a bar full of girls during the stampede allowed a non-fashionable bald guy a chance to dance with some very pretty girls, who would normally have nothing to do with a guy like me, under the disguise of a cowboy hat LOL.

But them big dance halls during Stampede only played.. you guessed it.. country music. So I used to stoke myself up with about 2 solid hours of AC/DC before I went, so I could suffer thru a few hours of country music!.. :twisted: I guess it worked though, I met my wife at one of those Calgary Stampede dance halls :shock: She picked me up there..

So over the years, I became somewhat tolerant of the countrified rock tunes that are actually more like early rock than whiny, cry in your beer real country tunes. To this day, my wife and my song is "Cadillac Ranch" by , of course Bruce Springsteen, but played by a country band LOL
And, to tolerate someone like Faith Hill or Shania Twain, there is always the TV clicker. The little button marked "Mute" works great for them two!

LOL :lol:

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..