trading a good hour away

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

trading a good hour away

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

one more week till the stupid time game comes :cussing: .i really hate it because we are losing 7 minutes a day now and trading a good hour in the afternoon when its warmer and light for one in the cold dark morning just plain blows :bs: .
even though the effect only lasts 8 days here, its at the time of year when its getting harder to get things done outside.

do i feel better after giving my :2cents: ?
:dontknow:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
ABA

Post by ABA »

Man is it that close? :shock:
Why can't we just fall back 1/2 hour and leave it at that? :?
No more spring foreward and fall back.

I don't hate it as much as I did now that I work from 6am to 2:30pm. I still get a couple hours of sunlight after work. 8)

I better get my little flashing lights and reflector tape together then 'cause soon I will be walking my dogs in the dusk, WooHoo. :lol:
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
jimbob1021

Post by jimbob1021 »

yep winter is back and i hate to see it come the longer i live here in mich the more i hate it we had our first taste of snow about two weeks ago had 5" on the ground .i envie all of you that live in south you never have to but your toys away and you dont have to deal with the snow or the white carp that's the way i say it so if you are ever in need of some let me know and i will try to send it your way :lol:
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

We had some snow fall here yesterday afternoon for about an hour, just melted when it landed but still. Looks like I'll be driving the 93 LX again soon, probably best to let the GT sit when the snow falls.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
rog300b

Post by rog300b »

I would gladly trade a dark hour from the winter when we don´t see the sun at all, with one light hour from the summer when the sun stays up all night. :wink: We have got the first taste of snow, so it´s time to put the old truck away for the winter, and my daily driver has just got the winter wheels on.:(
Roger

Driver: 1957 F-100, 292, fordomatic.
Project: 1962 F-250, 223, 4wd.

Two Ford trucks north of the artic circle.
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

JimBob, I grew up in Michigan. The day I left for Texas, (January 12, 1981), it snowed a foot overnight, and was still coming down.

My winter clothes consist of a sweatshirt under my jacket, now!
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Mike, that was about 2 months before i left Mich. for my time in Texas.
remember the saying "will the last person leaving Michigan please turn out the lights" ?
all the comments about the invasion of "black platers" (reference to the color of the license plates)

went back in Nov. 84.
winter in Texas was ok, it was the summer heat and humidity of Houston i could not deal with.

came here 10 years ago, dont think i could live anywhere else now.sometimes its real cold , a price you must be willing to pay for an awesome summer.

no snow here yet, past week it has been about 25 in the morning, getting up to 40s later in the day.

Rog, i see your fellow countrymen are returning here again.
http://iditaweb-1.gci.net/gdc/musherbio.php?eid=422

maybe i can send you some slick parts back with them.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
rog300b

Post by rog300b »

Would have been nice if he could bring slick part back! But he lives about 1400 km south of me (its about 870 miles, if my math is not too wrong...) So it would be a long round trip to collect the parts :wink: Seriously I would be very happy to buy parts from you, Ice, but for now my slick is in storage and I am not planning to start working on it until I got my new garage ready. Hopefully next year! :D
Speaking of dog mushers, I have one with a kennel living not far from me! They race dog profesonally and have a website in english, with some nice pictures from Narvik. And: Their dog truck is a Ford F-350! :thumright:
http://www.funracing.no/index2.htm
Roger

Driver: 1957 F-100, 292, fordomatic.
Project: 1962 F-250, 223, 4wd.

Two Ford trucks north of the artic circle.