Albany Swap Meet November 15th.

WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, MT, ID, WY, AK, BC, AB, SASK, YK, NWT

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ras4434

Albany Swap Meet November 15th.

Post by ras4434 »

I just talked with Robert and we came up with this highly complicated plan to meet on November 15th at the Swap Meet. For anyone interested, we are meeting right inside the gate past the ticket booth at 10:00 at the Swap meet. It is held at the Linn County Fairgrounds. I will be wearig my Slick 60's hat if that helps. We will figure out some where to go after the swap meet. Hope to see ya'all there.... :) .....Ross
Roger Carter
United States of America

Albany Swap Meet

Post by Roger Carter »

Ross,
I plan on coming down to the Swap Meet.
See you at 10: AM.
Roger Carter
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Roger: Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the "locals" on the 15th. That makes at least two of us. See you then........Ross
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Just had a thought (novel idea). Since we are going to a swap meet are there any parts that folks need that we might be able to bring to the swap meet and trade, borrow or give away? I had my thought for the day so will think about what I need and post later, but it would at lest save shipping and my guess is the prices would be better than in the swap meet.........Roger, Robert, others what do ya think?
Roger Carter
United States of America

Albany Swap Meet

Post by Roger Carter »

Sounds like a good plan. I have some extra parts, mainly for '65-'66 trucks. Nothing very special, though, just left overs from a few projects. I would be glad to bring what I can.
I'll be with 3-4 other buddies from the Portland area, not sure how much room we will have. Might come in an Expedition or maybe a Scion Xb. Really.
If any one is interested in parts, drop me an IM.

Roger Carter
robert porterfield

Post by robert porterfield »

i 2nd that notion..... just give me a hollar on what your looking for. if i dont havw it maybe someone we know does and can point in that direction........robert
lifes hard wear helmet!
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

I too have the left overs from a couple of 65 and 66 parts rigs. Nice radiator for a 240 I6 is probably the biggest part at this point. I do however have a buddie who has a complete 65 short bed in pretty fair condition with out the engine. If someone needed a part I could have him take it off and ready. Hood has the typical lip rot. Send a PM if interested........Ross
robert porterfield

Post by robert porterfield »

ross on the port craigslist theres a guy looking for a 65/66 auto column is this something you or buddies have if so will have him call directly if ok just leave which name and ph# if a buddie thanks robert
lifes hard wear helmet!
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

I do not have one. When I took mine out I sent it on to one of the guys onthe forum. I replaced mine with a mid 70's GM (no snide comments) tilt out of a van. Had to be cut down but worked out great. Just an option.
Roger Carter
United States of America

65-66 auto column

Post by Roger Carter »

Robert,
Send me a PM. I think I can help.
Roger Carter
Roger Carter
United States of America

Albany

Post by Roger Carter »

ras4434 wrote:Just had a thought (novel idea). Since we are going to a swap meet are there any parts that folks need that we might be able to bring to the swap meet and trade, borrow or give away? ?

I could use a decent pair of outside mirrors from a '92-'96 F-series. I am going to say these are the "standard" type with a mirror head about 6"x8", give or take. They attach to the doors in two places and the mounting bracket ooks to be flat aluminum, about 1.5" wide.
Anybody got something like this?
Thanks,
Roger Carter
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Roger: The ony thing I have is a set of "West Coast Junior" mirrors. They were an option in the 65-66. Maybe someone else can help.............If not we can all keep an eye out at the swap meet.
Roger Carter
United States of America

Albany Swap Meet

Post by Roger Carter »

Ross,
Thanks for the reply. Looking for the later mirrors for a friend's Slick.
See you Saturday.
Roger Carter