Time for an Intervention!

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

mud-puppy

ss ?

Post by mud-puppy »

what is ss :?: my truck wont be ready till the end of summer. any other things slick 60's are in too. :? new member :help:
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Hey mud puppy, SS is a get together the club has every 2 years. There will be one this year in Iowa. It's a real blast.

The MAC hosted one here in York back in 2006. It was a great time. I think there are a few pics on here somewhere of it in the albums. (Slickstock 2006)
We will be having a get together in the spring here in east York. It's free and fun. The guys bring a covered dish or something to help out. I make sweet italian sausage.
Here are a few pics from last spring. I hope it is still there.
http://photobucket.com/frankiepicsmay23

A few of us will do local car shows during the summer together. Then in the fall, We like going to the Apple Fest up at South Mountain Fair grounds to hang out.

Welcome to the club. Hope to see you around.
Chuck
Bigfoot21075

Post by Bigfoot21075 »

quietwyatt wrote:Hey mud puppy, SS is a get together the club has every 2 years. There will be one this year in Iowa. It's a real blast.

The MAC hosted one here in York back in 2006. It was a great time. I think there are a few pics on here somewhere of it in the albums. (Slickstock 2006)
We will be having a get together in the spring here in east York. It's free and fun. The guys bring a covered dish or something to help out. I make sweet italian sausage.
Here are a few pics from last spring. I hope it is still there.
http://photobucket.com/frankiepicsmay23

A few of us will do local car shows during the summer together. Then in the fall, We like going to the Apple Fest up at South Mountain Fair grounds to hang out.

Welcome to the club. Hope to see you around.
Chuck

I am not sure I would trust my truck to drive to SS just yet - but York is CLEARLY doable and I make one MEAN pulled pork on my Big Green Egg....
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Pulled pork sounds good. That along with the sweet italian sausage should make for a filling time. Keep us posted. May 22nd is the date so far.
Chuck
amarcisfan

thanks Bill

Post by amarcisfan »

Thanks Bill for the push! Between facebook, twitter, linked-in, email and a hundred other ways to stay connected, you'd think we'd do better. Slick is up for the winter, and seems I will be too - doc says I need a new heart valve. Surgery is Feb. 17. Shold be all set for May!

Jim
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Hope all goes well with the ticker Jim. OH ...in case you need someone to keep the tires warm on your truck........just call me!

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I 2nd that Tim, hope all goes well.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Wow Jim, We're so close and I didn't even know there was a problem. If there is anything you need just give me a shout. I'm there for you pal.
If anyone on here has the big guy on his side, It would be you. Good luck.

If we have to change the date to allow recovery time for you we will.
Keep us posted. We are all only a phone call away.
Chuck
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Wow Jim,

That's a shocker! Best of luck my friend. But, as mentioned previously, you've got the Big Guy on your team. Keep us posted and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

See you soon...Bill
thrush544

Post by thrush544 »

Jim,
Well we haven't met yet but I'm looking forward to seeing you in May. Meanwhile I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

praying.gif May God Bless you with a clean surgury and a quick and complete recovery!

God Bless,
Ed
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Best of luck Jim.... Thoughts and prayers..
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
amarcisfan

Thanks guys

Post by amarcisfan »

I apprecaite all the thoughts and prayers - and those of you who offered to drive my truck! Bill - I'm not keeping you out of the loop on this - even I was out of the loop. I knew the day would come (I have congentical valve defect from birth), i just didn't know that day was now. Heat doc listened to me on Thursday, scheduled the heart catherization for the next day and by 4:00 on friday Iamb talking to the surgeon!

Should go well. Heart doc uses "minimally invasive technique" so he says (that's easy for him to say- it's not his heart). They go through the ribs now, no more cracking the chest. But it's still heart surgery, so there will be lots of rest involved after the 5 day hosspital stay. I'm getting a mechancial valve - which looks a lot like a butterfly valve - or a carburetor with two throttle plates instead of one. the whole thing is about the size of a nickel.

So Sinc - did you have your other elbow done yet?

Jim
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

'Yo Jim,

Hey, you've got better things to think about than my elbow. But, yeah, I had carpal tunnel (wrist) and cubital tunnel (elbow) surgeries performed on January 5th. Everything went very well. I had the stitches removed on the 19th and all looks fine. Well, except for a nasty scar, a big purple bruise, and a lot of swelling. Anyway, I have a few exercises to do, but I should be back to normal (er, ah, you know what I mean) in a couple of weeks. I have been kidding Rich that as soon as they invent painless tattoos I'm getting spider webs tattooed on my elbows to hide the scars. Thanks for asking about me.

You take good care of yourself and don't worry about your operation. They do AMAZING things these days. An NOS valve, some twine, some bondo, and you'll be as good as new (er, ah, you know what I mean).

Talk to you soon...Bill
65 66 Ford

Post by 65 66 Ford »

Good luck Jim you will be as good as new. :D
Fran

65 Ford F100 CC style side looooongbedddddd

Be American buy American
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Man, What's with this MAC crew? I can see it now at Spring Splash, We'll all be sitting around compairing scars and swapping horror stories about the side effects of our drugs. :)
Just kidding guys. I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you Bill. I'll give you a shout this weekend if you can hang onto a phone to talk. Geesh, There I go again. Sorry but I miss picking on you guys. Where's that big guy at? He's the easy one.
Chuck
thrush544

Post by thrush544 »

I sure hope they make torque thrusts and white letter tires for wheel chairs!

:lol: