Beryl`s re-build

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:P AH yes Mark!, we still use the old measurements, just with a metric twist to it! ie; 5 toes is a foot and 10 toes is two feet! :rotflmao:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Dakota Kids

Post by Dakota Kids »

Try to keep up Mark. :roll: :rotflmao:
If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
Yogi Berra
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:( Havent got much done!, got the motor back from the engine builder, contacted Engineer about certifying the suspension changes, that was scary! but I think I now have enough info for him. Did you know these trucks arent that much heavier than a modern sedan!, and their GVM is also similar!, here`s the cleveland after a fresh coat of paint!
[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/DSCF00272.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/DSCF0030.jpg[/img][/img]

The first shot is the closest to the real colour!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

lookin' good alan. and yeah, i think my mustang weighs as much as my 68 lwb did. maybe a couple hundred pounds less.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Alan, when do you go for certification?
When I got my 29 Ford Delivery titled here, it was a nightmare. The DMV would only give out one piece of info and tell you to come back. Then they would give you another piece of info and tell you to come back with that. This went on about 4 times. Then I had to trailer it across town so they could take it into their special, secret room to look it over to see if they want to pass it or not.
It was a real PITA.

Good luck, your rules down there sound more strict than ours.
If you saw some of the Rat Rods running around here, it would scare you.
Everything is looking good.
Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Ezer, It supprised me when I looked into it, how close they are in weight.

Kevin, what I have to do is only have the changes certified, the truck itself only needs to have it`s identity verified and checked for road worthiness by a Blue slip checking mechanic, as it has been unregisted for more than 3 months, actually 1983 by memory and in a different state!

:D one thing I`m pretty pleased with myself about, is I pulled down the Holley 4 barrell carby and rebuilt it, first one of them I`ve done!, and no parts leftover :lol:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

ezernut9mm wrote:lookin' good alan. and yeah, i think my mustang weighs as much as my 68 lwb did. maybe a couple hundred pounds less.

I don't know how different the V6 is (can't be too much) but the 05 up GT tips the scales at right about 4000 lbs. Kind of surprising with how well they run both run vs the cubic inches.
That looks real nice Alan!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
bluebolt

Weight

Post by bluebolt »

Greg D wrote:
ezernut9mm wrote:lookin' good alan. and yeah, i think my mustang weighs as much as my 68 lwb did. maybe a couple hundred pounds less.

I don't know how different the V6 is (can't be too much) but the 05 up GT tips the scales at right about 4000 lbs. Kind of surprising with how well they run both run vs the cubic inches.
That looks real nice Alan!

They are not quite that Heavy Greg, a GT500 with the iron block, supercharger, big brakes and wheels is probably closer to that.
Here's some curb weights for 2009 Mustangs
Coupe Convert
V6 3386 3461

GT 3483 3601
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Funny thing is after having an 05 GT you'd think I'd know, lol. I don't remember where I heard that 4000 lb figure. Maybe it's the weight with me in one. :lol:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

one thing I`m pretty pleased with myself about, is I pulled down the Holley 4 barrell carby and rebuilt it, first one of them I`ve done!, and no parts leftover

Alan, I have always been told that if you have parts leftover from a carb rebuild that you should throw them into the float bowl, then the next person can have them if they need them. :oops: th_inconcievable.gif LOL
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

8) Thats pretty good advice there Kevin!, I dont know if a power valve would fit tho! :lol: , I was told to just throw them over the fence!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Haus

Post by Haus »

Nice work. I'm not much of a metal worker yet, but I'm learning a little at a time. I didn't look at your location until today. Makes sense why you like clevelands now. I noticed you talked about a 4v carb but the intake you have looks to be a 2v. Was it just used to keep paint from getting in the engine? Going to add an aluminum intake later? I did not even know about clevelands until I bought a parts truck that had one. Now I own 3, lol.

Also in your thread someone mentioned lawn bowling. Is that what the bean bag toss with trucks is called?

You drilled out the rivets!!!!!! Wow you have a better supply of drill bits than I do. You saved the grinder for those toe nails right? LOL
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:lol: Haus, you are going to fit in around here real nice!, have you met some of the others yet?, and with the metal work!, if you dont have a go, you won`t know!
With the clevo!, I`m sticking with the factory intake, it`s a 4 barrell carby with spread bore adaptor.
lawn bowls?, I`ll have to look back!, my brother plays it but not me!, I call it "old mans marbles! "

Toe nails , no I saved the Oxy for them !

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Haus

Post by Haus »

No, I've not met many folks yet. This slick stock thing is something I'm going to try to make next year though. Told my wife I was going to Iowa and asked if she wanted to go. She is willing. Was hoping she would say no so I didn't have to worry about entertaining her during my trip up north. I've been on the other site for FTE for years.

While doing research and seeing a few aussi projects in mags it seems a lot of folks like to hook their clevelands up to propane down there. May get more popular up here if gas goes to $4 per gallon again.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

you mean like this?
[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/tiltbonneth-1.jpg[/img][/img]

The reason so many use LPG is to get around the emissions control laws,
and with Slick Stock there will be more than enough women there to occupy your wife!, believe me I know! :lol:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
DCarr

Post by DCarr »

Sweet looking mill , Alan. Hope you used genuine Holley parts on your rebuild. I haven't had good
results using aftermarket parts in them.
Tune For Maximum Smoke ___________________________________ 64 F100 Longsmoothie 65 Mustang Fastback
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Dave, I used genuine Holley rebuild kit, the only way to do it!, even bought the Holley tuning DVD.

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
DCarr

Post by DCarr »

:thumright:
Tune For Maximum Smoke ___________________________________ 64 F100 Longsmoothie 65 Mustang Fastback
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Well it`s been awhile!, I have got some stuff done, not that you can see it!.
The back brakes is still an on going issue, but I hope to resolve it today, the cab is back from the sand blasters no real big problems, lots of small dents and some rust, I`ve started painting spring hangers and such, I came across this rattle can paint called Rust-oleum, have seen it mentioned here but a new product out here!, is it any good? if it`s as good as it sprays and covers it will be the best thing since twist top beer bottles!, here`s some pic`s of the cab

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/SDC10372600x450.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/SDC10373676x507.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image[img]

[/img]Image

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/SDC10375.jpg[/img][/img]

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Alan for rattle can paint Rust-oleum is good paint. The automotive paint is much better. Cab looks good. 8) :D
Tom Williams