Beryl`s re-build

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

That would be Icemans "rusty-oleum" that he painted his brake hardware with Alan.... One of the best spray bombs in a can. (in my opinion)....
Anthony
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

looks good alan. i wish my cab was in as good a shape as that. i would be driving mine already.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Well I think I have finally reached the turning point!, the chassis is back from the blasters and as I type this some paint is drying on it! 8), I figure this is the starting point of the re-assemble and it gives you a good feeling in your groin! :lol:, so here are her bones naked!

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/SDC10396676x507.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/SDC10398676x507.jpg[/img][/img]
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Looks great Alan....But you said "her" bones.... :hm: ... So Beryl is a girl???Just call me confused this early in the morn.. :lol: It looks like the start of a beautiful transformation Alan, Keep us posted......
Anthony
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Absolutely stunning!!!!!
Jim
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

8) nice strumming on the Banjo Johnno!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Nice Alan!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Not a great deal going on at the moment other than waiting on replacement coilover front shocks, the first ones set her too low!, for work sites that is!, Oh and my rear axles 3 weeks waiting for new bearings to be fitted, Yep!, I said no rush! :x ,so to teach him a lesson I dropped off my diff centre for a new pinion seal, ( the one that doesnt eat fish !), the first pic is of a new purchase, after someone mentioned these things, on here some time back, It cost me 100$ but didnt have a lid!, so I got one from the local Holden dealer, real nice people, 25 Bucks for a lousy plastic lid!!!! :evil:

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/jul09_20091114_0064.jpg[/img][/img]

in an effort to push things along I mounted the fuel tank, not to soon I hope!

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/jul09_20091114_0065.jpg[/img][/img]

I hope Lyman doesnt see what is holding the chassis up :lol:

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/jul09_20091114_0066.jpg[/img][/img]

up front is where the coil overs are holding things up,

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/jul09_20091114_0068.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/jul09_20091114_0070.jpg[/img]

What matreials can be used to run fuel lines?, sorry again for the poor pic`s, the photographer is on his last warning!! :evil:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Lookin good Alan keep it up.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

your tank install looks factory to me Alan... 8) Keep up th great work...
Anthony
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

I'd stick with aluminum or steel for the fuel lines. Even heard of some folks running copper lines.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
ccain

Post by ccain »

WOW! How did I miss this thread?! Alan, your build is impressive to say the least. I'm going to be glued to my computer, waiting with baited breath for updates! Smashing Job!!!
f100cowboy

Post by f100cowboy »

Alan you have done an incredible job with this build so far. Still trying to absorb all of the photos. You do excellent work!

I still can't believe none of the gang here didn't make a comment about that rope starter you installed on that Cleveland! I'm referencing the pics at the end of page 2. :lol:

Keep the pics coming! Seeing your progress motivates me.
Jim
66 F-100 CC 390CID
'07 HD FLHX
Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

It is a really great project, Alan. I just caught sight of this project for the first time today. It is really fun to see all the ideas people on this website have for their slicks. I've been partial to Clevelands since my second Mustang had one. Love the Falcon derived front end, too.

Lenore has always been one of my favorites here, and now I will be watching how Beryl comes along. Cheers!
Drew

66 F250 Frame swap, EFI 408W, ZF 5-speed swap (still!) in progress
63 Falcon Futura EFI 331W, T5, but not much progress... Slicks First!!!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

f100cowboy wrote:I still can't believe none of the gang here didn't make a comment about that rope starter you installed on that Cleveland! I'm referencing the pics at the end of page 2. :lol: .

Jim, you have a keen eye for detail!, I`m still having problems getting the rope through the firewall and still have enough leverage to turn the 351!,

the work would progress better if I didn't have to do it all standing on my head :lol: as some would have you believe!

ccain and Drew, thanks for the kind words!, Im doing the fuel and brake lines at the moment, which isnt much to look at, but now we have finished for the year, I might get some more done.

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Well I`ve only got one more day off work after today!, I spent most of today fighting with photobucket/my putor and pixrezier! and I think it`s a dead heat as to who won!, I`ve rolled her out side and turned her around to put the motor and tranny in and did some late spring cleaning, it`s amazing how much room a motor and a transmission take up!. Their in now but I will change the mount rubbers soon, still no front shocks :evil: so I made some spacers to hold the front up in ride height, anyhow here`s some pic`s.

I have also installed the rear brakes but didn't know how the self adjusters are fitted but I do now!, so back off they come! or maybe not!, lost some blood the last time me and those springs come face to face!.
So much for safety boots!, they didn't help at all!

The next thing is tranny cooling lines, position electric power steering pump and have hoses made up, get off backside and get back to work!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

be careful Alan !
and get some pants on ! for petes sake !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

ahh, blood to feed the build gods! they love that stuff. you're a shoo in now! lol
also, what brand are the front shocks? they look rather stiff so i want to stay away from that brand.
and those pulleys...are you sure they are set up to spin the proper direction? i'd hate to see all that blood and sacrifice go for naught just because you got wrong sided pulleys. lol

cheers man.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Alan, are coil overs the stock setup for that front suspension or is that a modification you have done?
Looks really good BTW.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.