you just might get a kick out of this

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jimbob1021

you just might get a kick out of this

Post by jimbob1021 »

New weapon Chicken Gun
Flash - New Weapon in America's Arsenal - Dubbed 'The Chicken Gun'

Senate majority leader Howard H. Baker Jr., expressed astonishment to the Senate, over recent news accounts of an Air Force "chicken gun."

It seems the gun is a converted 20-foot cannon capable of hurling dead four-pound chickens at airplanes at 700 miles per hour ... The armament is used to help find ways to reduce accidents caused by jets hitting birds.

"My first reaction to this story was one of bitterness," Baker told colleagues.

"I wonder why a 'special classified briefing' had not been set up for members of Congress on the new chicken gun and I wondered if Secretary of Defense Casper Weinberger was planning one."

Baker also wondered aloud "how far along the Soviet Union is with the deployment of their 'chicken gun', and how will our Minuteman, Midgetman and Sparrow missles get along with this new weapon..."

Baker went on to wonder if the Navy might be working on it's own version of 'the chicken gun', "which would be, one assumes, a 'chicken of the sea'."

Baker congratulated the Air Force "on it's resourcefulness."

"Despite the fact that there will no doubt be those that will be skeptical of such research, I for one, see nothing more involved than a little 'fowl' play," Baker replied... :lol:
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Prolly works a lot like a potato cannon.......................
Jim
ABA

Post by ABA »

Myth Busters tested thier version a few seasons ago. Shot a frozen chicken though a Cesna windshield. :shock:
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Wow, we never tried any froze taters....................
Jim
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

yeah, those frozen chickens are notorious for taking out windshields in small planes. commercial airliners don't have to worry about them though, as they stay well above the chickens 5000 foot ceiling. lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Comet

Post by Comet »

I work for Boeing and we use a chicken guy to test the windshields for bird strike certification (although I think we use simulated fowl now :hm: ). Anyway, rumor has it that many years ago when the Russians were certifying one of their planes for bird strike, they heard Boeing shot chickens out of a cannon to simulate bird strikes. So they thought they'd try it. Problem was they used frozen chickens. Took them awhile to figure out why they kept failing the tests! :lol:
Not sure it's true, but many people swear by that story.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

these's something a-fowl with this thread, in fact it is boardering on horsefeathers! All this sqwab..elling over leghorns..i say i say, makes one pay attention

:lol:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
chop

Post by chop »

Too Cool J.C.
Chop