My 1966 F100 Restoration

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

supersmitty
United States of America

Post by supersmitty »

Hows the truck coming?
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

supersmitty wrote:Hows the truck coming?

Speed shop just got done with posi installation as well as the 3.73 gears just a few days ago, so hopefully sometime in the next 2-3 weeks I will pick it up. Had them install all new bearings, etc. Rather get everything new along with the new gears and posi to go with it. Im also having new axle bearings and seals installed as well so im waiting to have enough funds to get it all done at once. Hoping to have some more pics and updates by the end of this month. Things move kind of slow when money is tight lol. Should pick up more progress speed in a couple of months.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Got the center chunk complete. New everything, new axle bearings and seals as well. Got 3.73 gears installed, he told me it installed really tight so it should stay nice and solid for a long time. Just got to finish cleaning out the housing and press the seals in. Its been cold here in IL so I cant get outside to pressure wash the housing out again so gotta wait till it warms up. Its clean but I can get it cleaner if I spend some more time getting it spotless. The cleaner the better. Next on the agenda is to work on the drum brakes. Gotta replace everything in that area including the drums. I will take the drums and have them powdercoated once I get them. I cant wait to move on to something else on this truck lol.

Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

...and then she said, "Get that off of the living room floor!"
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Max wrote:Image
...and then she said, "Get that off of the living room floor!"

Lmao that is what my mom is going to stay im sure so I gotta get it to the basement asap lol. Kind of sucks living at home when your 22 but im hoping in 2 years when im hopefully done with college I can get out on my own. From what ive heard though I shouldnt be wishing so much to be out on my own lol especially when it comes to paying for "everything" haha.
tschmitt

Re: My 1966 F100 Restoration

Post by tschmitt »

Well its been over 3 years since I have worked on this truck because I was finishing up college and a few other things but im finally back to working on the truck again. The truck has been in storage during that time but I finally got it out this week and started putting stuff together again. I have most of the frame put together just waiting on new tie rods to come in and ill have both wheels on the ground again, hasnt happened in over 5 years lol. I'll post some pics once I make some more progress. Its fun to start working on it again!
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Cannot believe it has been nearly 10 years since I last logged into this forum. I'll be starting on the truck again this spring/summer. Looking forward to getting back into this build. Been far too long and a lot of relearning to do.
My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Post by My wife's nightmare »

Welcome back!!
Time passes too quickly doesn't it? Hopefully all of your schooling is behind you. I'm looking forward to watchimg this pne come back together.
I started on this green one in January 2017, thought it would be finished in a year or two :shock: