My 1966 F100 Restoration

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

tschmitt

My 1966 F100 Restoration

Post by tschmitt »

Been away from the forum for quite awhile now but got the ball rollin once again. Here is the link to the original thread http://www.fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopi ... =restoring

Here is what is going to go into my truck so far:
5.0 Carb engine (most likely from a mustang)
AOD Transmission
I would like to find a posi and gears some where in the 3.50 ratio
All new gauges and hopefully all new wiring through out most of the truck
Bucket Seats
Custom fabricated center console with floor shift
Disc brakes on the front
All new fuel and brake lines
All new weatherstripping
Fuel tank relocation
Frame sandblasted and painted
Lots of bodywork and new paint job
Patch up the floor panels
And im sure alot more mods along the way...
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Got the truck in the garage, on some skates, and got the engine pulled. Everything on the engine was unbolted when I bought it so getting it out was a piece of cake.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

The C4 unbolted and ready to go.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

The passenger side cab mount.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Driver's side cab mount. The drivers side cab bolt was the only one that was bolted down. Amazing
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Got the bed taken off.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Did it have outside mirrors when you got it? If so, what type?
Thanks,
Jim
Jim
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Looks like a good project. Keep up working on it.
Tom Williams
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Looks like she never had salt on her chip`s!, nice body condition. the rear spring pack`s look light on it . keep the progress coming!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

jakdad wrote:Did it have outside mirrors when you got it? If so, what type?
Thanks,
Jim

Ya it had some cheap junk plastic ones on it. They were just screwed into the door and the original mirror hole was fill with about 2 inches worth of bondo lol its like a small brick wedged in there.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

jakdad wrote:Did it have outside mirrors when you got it? If so, what type?
Thanks,
Jim

Ya it had some cheap junk plastic ones on it. They were just screwed into the door and the original mirror hole was fill with about 2 inches worth of bondo lol its like a small brick wedged in there.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Alan Mclennan wrote:Looks like she never had salt on her chip`s!, nice body condition. the rear spring pack`s look light on it . keep the progress coming!

Ya aside from the floor pans the truck is pretty much rust free. The bed doesnt have any rust holes either. The beds getting sandblasted this week so I should have some pics of it in bare metal sometime next week.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

I got alot more work done today. I got the core support out and the fender supports takin off. Got all of the wiring out except for the steering column and also got the doors takin off. Had major issues with the core support. Almost every one of the tac weld brackets for the bolts broke off in or around the core support and had to grind them off. One bad thing about this truck is almost everyone of the clips that holds the bolts or tack weld brackets has broken off when trying to take this thing apart. So far taking that front core support off the truck and then finishing taking off the grille has been the hardest and most complicated aspects of this truck. The front end is just poorly designed when it comes to bolt locations and the quality of the tac welded brackets. Had another bracket that broke inside the cab, where there are 4 bolts holding the hinge to the cab. You know where the 2 bolts that are kind of inside the cab for the hinge? Well one of the brackets broke off inside so the bolt just spun around until it broke the bolt. So now I may have to cut open an access hole on the cab to weld another bracket in there so that the bolt can be put back in when I mount the doors again. Anyone have had problem? If so any advice is greatly appreciated. I should have some more pics sometime this week so ill be sure to post them asap.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Keep up the good work

There is only one way to fix them. The must be accessed and removed. the inner hinge pocket has a piece for the two bolts in a cradle. it is actually in the cowl area and can be fixed.

Garbz
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Thanks for the advice garbz. My bed got sandblasted and im waiting for it to warm up and stop raining before I pick it up. Cost $290! Could not believe it cost that much for a bed. A little steep in my opinion but its gotta be done. Should have some more updates soon.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Got my grille taken off and taken off of the rad support. So far the hardest thing to take apart on my truck.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Pretty much got the tailgate completly stripped. In pretty good shape overall. I would like to get a smooth tailgate but im not sure where to find one. Any advice on where to find one?
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

Got the heater core taken out. Small family of mice thought it would make a nice lil condo. Probably not gonna keep. Rather get a Vintage Air setup.