Best Retail Parts Source?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Casper

Post by Casper »

I have one of the repopped dash pads that will be getting installed within a few weeks. I know there were issues about some shrinkage with the first few tries at DC. I was promised the shrinkage issue whould be worked out before I got mine in order to prevent an aggitaged red-head on the loose.
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

Shawn F. wrote:Thanks a lot, that is just what I needed. I will have to sign up I guess and register there to get prices and do the shop online link?

Shawn
I got mine from accmats.com it covers the intire floor even past the gas tank. three years ago i think it was about $139.00. DONT CUT IT TILL YOU MAKE SURE IT FITS. They will not take it back if its been cut.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/lcrackel/ph ... 5619812/29
Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Hey Crackel, that's a killer looking truck you've got there!! :thumright:
I like your diamond plate idea for the front of the bed, too. Great idea. How do you like the M/T tires?

Casper wrote:I have one of the repopped dash pads that will be getting installed within a few weeks. I know there were issues about some shrinkage with the first few tries at DC. I was promised the shrinkage issue whould be worked out before I got mine in order to prevent an aggitaged red-head on the loose.

Thanks for the reply. I'm very interested in hearing how well it fits when you get around to it. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

Slick Fan wrote:Hey Crackel, that's a killer looking truck you've got there!! :thumright:
I like your diamond plate idea for the front of the bed, too. Great idea. How do you like the M/T tires?

Thanks Slick Fan. A4x8 sheet of diamond plate was just a little more than the replacemant panel, so i decided to cut it out bolt it in with s/s bolts and acorn head nuts. I like the M/T's just fine except the price.

Lonnie

Casper wrote:I have one of the repopped dash pads that will be getting installed within a few weeks. I know there were issues about some shrinkage with the first few tries at DC. I was promised the shrinkage issue whould be worked out before I got mine in order to prevent an aggitaged red-head on the loose.

Thanks for the reply. I'm very interested in hearing how well it fits when you get around to it. :D
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Unibodyguy1

Best Retail Parts source.

Post by Unibodyguy1 »

I stick with Tom&Kathy of Flashback F100's. I buy from them as much as possible, keeping things in the "Slick Family". Never have had a problem.

Michael
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Hi Michael, we just left Henderson Monday loaded a 63 longbed with a 472 Caddy Motor Straight axle truck with Disc brakes onb the front that was sitting on a car lot over on Boulder Hwy. + a 1986 6.9 diesel 4x4 + 1979 hit real hard in the front..We can haul now 3 @ a time Man was it cold out there this past weekend Hope you have a great Christmas out there & gets warmer Tom & Kathy :) :) :) :D :D :D
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

6166 Junkyard Dog wrote:Monday loaded a 63 longbed with a 472 Caddy Motor Straight axle truck with Disc brakes onb the front that was sitting on a car lot over on Boulder Hwy.

Apparently the ex-owner was taken away in one of those jackets with the extra-long sleeves :roll: Image
Maybe you can stick the 6.9 in it... now THAT would be cool
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Johnny I see them all the time walking around in some of the bad parts of town,, after putting a GM Motor one time toooo much in a Ford Truck :roll: Anyway here is our last trip in

[albumimg]1294[/albumimg]

1986 4x4 6.9 Diesel,, 1979 hit hard in the front & 1963 with that BIG CADDY Motor,, took the front clip apart came apart without not even breaking a clip :D ,,, Has disc Brakes :?: That I have never seen before on a Straight Axle with wheel adapters to go from car bolt pattern to truck wheels,, I though you could only get Disc Brake Kits with the Truck Bolt Pattern,, THis truck also has WHITE Roll & Pleated Headliner like from the 60's,, Does anybody know if :?: If some other company made kits for these trucks back in the late 60's or early 70's :?: then,, The front axle still has the C3 Number still on it or is this something from the late 60's conversion times :idea:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

tom, your definately living the dream brotha! and another recomendation for you and your parts!

here's the nos headlight doors i bought form you. just a quicky shake and back job to get the truck looking better!

always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Thanks for us letting help you, :D :D :D One of my early 65 Trucks was painted Bright Corvette Yellow & you had yo wear sunglasses cause it knocked your socks off, One thing never got lost in the parking lot Have some great Holidays
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Unibodyguy1

Best Retail Parts source.

Post by Unibodyguy1 »

Tom,
I wouldn't of had time to visit or play with Dakota anyway when you were here, had Rodeo in town and were just nuts at work. That truck on Boulder Hwy. you talked about I looked at it in Sept.??? Can't recall. They had it there a long time and said it supposedly ran pretty good, don't know for sure. Theres a place right behind there they do auctions at, have to show you next time your out. The auctions are always on Sundays and stuff goes pretty reasonable. Hope the new truck works out okay.

Michael
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Thanks Mike,, Last Sunday when we were in Las Vegas met a guy that has a 66 that is on the MSN Slick 60's site still,, so he might come on over here also,, Hope you & yours have a safe Holiday in Vegas with all that goes on in , Thanks Tom & Kathy
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS