need the slick 60s police department

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

need the slick 60s police department

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

please go get rid of the spammer peddling on the forum.this is a family oriented place, no room for that stuff here.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Yeah, if you go thru the membership list, and look at the members that have a "WWW" address, or website, you will see that 85% of them since August are spammers that probably should be cleared out .

This mean the wife ain't getting you the 'patch' for Xmas?

LOL :rotflmao:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

They probley dont even know what a slick is.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I tried to get a hold of jimdog and also sent an email to the admin about this.

both came back with invalid emails!

Do we have anyother way to get a hold of him? :shock:
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

I sent Matt a pm just the other day and got an answer.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
kid2

Post by kid2 »

We deleted the last couple of spammers and have been going through the member list to get rid of anyone we think is a spammer. We get to them as soon as we see them so if someone else sees them first let us know.................Darrell
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Here's a plan for ya Kid.
Go to the member list and start right at the end.

Call up all the websites listed and the ones that come up "under construction" or with undesirable results, (you will see what I mean when you get to the guy from Spain), ban them. Then you will be rid of a good chunk of these latent problems.
Look for names like wwwjobnet and weird flags, too.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
kid2

Post by kid2 »

JC, Thanks. I been looking at all of the members and I started at the last page and am going from there. We do our best to keep them out but this new site is a little different and we are going to make it where you have to apply to join and have to be accepted before you can get in like the old site. We know this can be a pain for people who find us and want some info right away but we hope they will understand.......Darrell
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Hey Kid an Jimdog,

I am on here a lot and can help you guys out with the admin stuff.

maybe one of you can start a post with a pole to see if I can be an admin (if you want). :lol:

Just a thought.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

a Pole?
this one?

or this one? :rotflmao:

Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

:laughing:
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Comet

Post by Comet »

I think he meant poll, but you knew that you crazy Canuck! :lol:
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

hope it gets gone soon,,,, since I have to deal with this junk everytime I turn our computer & be careful what I open & not open in mail
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
MattsIASlickShop

Post by MattsIASlickShop »

As most of you know, we have been trying to keep all this spam off our boards for quite a while. We tried to keep an eye on new IDs as they would pop up on the old site. If it was an obviously fake name, we would deny the request. We also would deny some request based on questionable or incomplete information in the membership request. This lead to several emails from people, asking why we denied them. We would usually explain why we did, and ask them to try again, and to include more info about themselves or their interest in our trucks.
Now, on the new site, we haven't been quite as diligent in filtering memberships. Mostly, the reason for this is because of the FLOOD of new members, as they transfer over from the MSN site. Another reason has been that, until now, we hoped we were still under the radar, as far as the general public goes. To my knowledge, there has been only a handful of spam messages on our new site, and these are caught rather quickly and deleted, with the spammer banned. This was our practice on the MSN site, and it seems to be working here. some members have contacted us to let us know about spam on the site, we appreciate the assistance.
I think it may be premature to get too worried about the spam messages here on this site. Not many of them have popped up yet, we delete them as soon as we can and we are willing change what we need to change to keep this site safe for the family members.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Matt i think you guys already do a good job at getting rid of the trash, as i have not seen any last past a day. :clap:
in fact you all did a great job getting this up and going maybe a standing ovation is in order
:clap: :clap: :clap: ....
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Matt I don't want to take anything away from you, Kid and Jim ,I know you work hard to bring us this great board, and thanks!! :D :D :D

I also think we are lucky as I can see at least 21 spammers on that membership list and I didn't even try hard to find them.

so maybe something is gonna have to happen to keep them out a bit more, unfortunately I think they have found us.
:cry:
Comet

Post by Comet »

Seems like all the boards I'm on lately the spam activity has spiked up in the last couple months. They must have all gone to some spammers convention and the speakers told them to hit the BBS's :lol:
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Johnny Canuck wrote:I can see at least 21 spammers on that membership list and I didn't even try hard to find them.

Make that 20...I am NOT a spammer. Image :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Dan, We apreciate your offer but right now Matt and I are planning some more changes( for the better we hope )and we need to get down to visit with Jim some weekend. We think we have some great ideas and will be sharing some of them soon for you guys to give us some feedback on.........Darrell
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Kid you guys are doing a great job :clap: 8)
unfortunately there are dreamers and sceamers :arse: out there that make your job tougher when the invade and try to infultrate our space with there un wanted crap :evil:
again many thanks and you guys keep up the good work on an awsome site :notworthy:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken