Craig's List Frustration!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

banjopicker66

Craig's List Frustration!

Post by banjopicker66 »

I am getting quite frustrated with Craig's List!
Has anyone experienced problems recently?
I think they have made changes so you cannot post outside your local area, and they use your ISP's IP address to determine what is local to you.
Here is what I am up against: I live in South Carolina, in the Low Country down next to the SC-GA border.
Savannah, GA is the closest city, even closer than Hilton Head Island or Beaufort.
I cannot post to Savannah, Hilton Head or Beaufort because my IP originates in Raleigh NC.
But when I post in Charlotte or Raleigh (which really is too far!), I get blacklisted for posting outside my area.
And the the friendly help desk forum people treat you like dirt.

Is this unique to me?
Those of you that know me know that getting upset for me is waaaay far away out of my norm.
I guess I don't tolerate sarcastic bullies very well - but then, I never have.
Effie

Post by Effie »

I don't know what the deal is with CL lately.

I posted an ad for my dog. I was pretty sure its ok to give away dogs on there, because that's how I found him. I posted a well informed ad about the dog with a pic and the dang thing got flagged and removed. How am I supposed to find this dog a home?!

The last two times I posted personal ads - yes, I did it, looking for an email buddy - they got removed for some damn reason. I was like, what the hell....my email buddy/pen pal request gets removed, but other people are posting God only knows what on there and those ads are up.

CL is gettin too big for its britches.
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus

nolabama

Post by nolabama »

i just scored about 100 Hot Rod and Car Craft magazines for free off of cl SCORE !!! But the '70's do suck for hotrods :(
"Detroit - leaves those peoples alone, they livin' in Mad Max times" Moe
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Effie wrote:CL is gettin too big for its britches.
But you sure can't beat the price :-).

I haven't posted an ad outside my market recently, but I do know you can't post more than one ad (with same or similar wording) in more than one city at a time. I know they check to see what account you're posting from (e-mail address) but I haven't been blocked in the past because of my ISP.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer